SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#84022 - 05/25/05 08:57 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Well, I've decided to ask all of you which version is finally of the best idea. They are only test versions and not end products. Which version is better:

ALPHABETA

Your welcome to Planet Outpost, Ladies and Gentlemen! Please stop smoking and fasten your seatbelt! We will land in a few minutes...
EDIT: The link is expired since 06-11-2005 at 12:00PM!

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-30-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 06-11-2005).]

#84023 - 05/25/05 09:37 AM Re: Countdown to zero
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...for my taste - beta version is one I prefare... maybe to put some B3 sounds instead of that DX organ or what ever it is ( that's only my opinion)???? very good! maybe litle bit to dark atmosphere...

sLOWER

#84024 - 05/25/05 10:40 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Hello, sLOWER!

You mean the organ sound at the end of the track?! Yes, it's the DX7 sound engine of my Yamaha's V50 workstation (I think it's a DX7 engine). It should only facilitate the guitar sound at this part because the other instruments stopped playing. It sounds great when drawing a line under a Kurz's organ because of it's analog like sounding.

And again yes, a B3 would be very fine but at the moment my midi channels are full so this song must be pleased with the Yamaha's 'Church Organ' and my K's self-made 'Mystery' pipe organ.
The part stopped abrupt because it's still not ready...
...but I'll tell you under cover that there will be coming a bl...hmmpfff...

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-25-2005).]

#84025 - 05/27/05 06:40 AM Re: Countdown to zero
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
Sheriff:
Very nice track! As a metal fan I personally like the beta version better. IMO, there is a bit too much solo guitar, but that might just be me . Also, it wouldn't hurt if that background guitar was a little bit louder.
When I heard the alpha version (or rather, the organ line that's in both of the versions), it reminded me of old video game music, which certainly isn't a bad thing.
I hope we'll hear more of this stuff .

------------------

Robert.

#84026 - 05/27/05 08:44 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Hi, Robert!

Thank you very much for appriciating my little demos. Yes, heavy metal is strong and powerful and so it's often similar to the feelings that we're getting in our lifes...

Quote:
Originally posted by painkiller:
As a metal fan I personally like the beta version better. IMO, there is a bit too much solo guitar, but that might just be me ...

Thank you for taking the time to choose a version. I've noticed ALPHA:0 and BETA:2, yet!

Yes, the solo lacks in some parts. It was only a first idea to play but the most tunes are on the right place, yet! I've also played it only 5-10 times before recording. Usually I'm practicing a song minimum 50-100 times before recording because of my unsureness in studio surrounding. For me the timing is one of the biggest problems in studio...

The reason why you think that there's too much solo in it could probably be the fact that the part you've heard IS the solo part only. There are more parts before that part and some tunes after that part. More will come and changes are possible...
Greetings, Danny

#84027 - 05/27/05 11:41 AM Re: Countdown to zero
painkiller Offline

Loc: Sweden
The reason why you think that there's too much solo in it could probably be the fact that the part you've heard IS the solo part only. There are more parts before that part and some tunes after that part. More will come and changes are possible...

LOL!
Very long solo, over 2 minutes! Anyway, the solo is good, but I think it should be shortened down a bit. Of course, I don't know what the whole track will sound like, so I don't know if shortening the solo will be good for the track, but my feeling is that it is a bit long.

Sorry for my quote, but I'm not familiar with this quoting system, so I deleted some stuff more than I wanted to .

------------------

Robert.

#84028 - 05/27/05 12:50 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Very long solo, over 2 minutes!

Yes, your right! It's really hard to play a solo 2 minutes long (maybe more). It's hard to stand the merciless metronome beat such a long time. I would be glad if I could shorten the solo but once I've started with it I can't stop anymore...*LOL*

Quote:
Of course, I don't know what the whole track will sound like,...

It's a full instrumental song. No singer, no backing voice!

The whole album will appear as a rock symphony. So, there's no voice anywhere in it. The main and leading instrument will be the guitar but not in that way like you know it by any guitar heroes like Satriani or Malmsteen. So, there will be other instruments which will lead in some parts. Also, there will be a classical surrounding for the rock line.
Unfortunality words can't explain what music can!!! So, you'll have to wait for the album's finish to get the whole imagination of the symphony.

Quote:
Sorry for my quote, but I'm not familiar with this quoting system, so I deleted some stuff more than I wanted to .

The quotes are working as BBCodes (board codes). If you type [QUOTE]original text[/QUOTE] then it appears as a quoted text. Also you'll find the codes [B]text[/B] which causes the text between both of them to appear in fat letters.

#84029 - 05/28/05 01:49 AM Re: Countdown to zero
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
i like both, but beta is my favorite. esp because it introduces a metal element to spice it up. but both are cool. although i don't listen to much of that type of music, i enjoyed them and i admire your playing ability. also good quality recordings.

#84030 - 05/28/05 03:06 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Thank you very much, Dan!
I appriciated your comments. I know it's sometimes not easy to hear and judge music that we don't really like. But you've made a really good job with your quote.

Your VOICE made a choice...and here we go again...
ALPHA: 0BETA: 3

...it seems to be that we have a favorite, yet!

#84031 - 05/28/05 02:04 PM Re: Countdown to zero
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
i didn't say that i didn't "like" that type music.... not exactly.... LOL

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online