SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#83952 - 04/24/05 04:28 PM Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hey, guys! There's something I want to share with you.

After a long time of shooting one trouble after the other there will be a light at the end of the tunnel - the last tech trouble seems to be shot, so I can go on to record my CD. At least it was a small cable that made me driving crazy - an old external SCSI-I adaptor.
Now I will get one next week and then I'll start my finish. I hope it will be done in summer 2005. Wish me luck for my 1st debut album - I will need it!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#83953 - 04/24/05 05:53 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
AHaaha well im glad your problems are solved, unfortunatley it had to be a small stupid one! Best wishes to you on your album, I cant wait to hear some of it.

Phil

#83954 - 04/25/05 03:41 PM Re: Countdown to zero
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...ohohoho...I would like to hear it when it'll be done...or maybe some demo parts...???? what kind/style of music will be?
Good luck with recording!

sLOWER

#83955 - 04/25/05 04:12 PM Re: Countdown to zero
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Danny,

Glad you were able to get things fixed. I'm really looking forward to hearing that recording.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#83956 - 04/26/05 08:20 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Thank you all for your good wishes!!!

Now I have two news - one is good and the other is less good.
At first the good info: A friend of mine came yesterday with the required SCSI cable instead of the next weekend. He wanted to help me to force the things up earlier than awaited.
Now the less good info: The cable doesn't fit - it was simply the wrong. Oh, what a missunderstanding...

Well, last week the technician of my music dealer told me that he knows a dealer for those old hardwares who might could help me. Unfortunality he was ill today but tomorrow he will be back in office. I hope I'll get him on phone then. Tomorrow I will tell you more...

Don't hallow the day before the sun went down!

But I'm still going on. I keep on rocking - never stopping!
If the time seems to be wasted then I play guitar and the things turn to light...

I don't want to change the finishing day again and again. Now I'll make nails with heads, what means that I'll complete recording with or without the SCSI thing. I will give the techs one last chance to shoot the trouble but no more. And I will help them as good as I can. But I really want to finish my work!!! For me that's the most important thing of all...

@Phil: Sorry, that I can't offer any new song for you. But if you are interested I could give you some older recordings of older songs. Tell me if you do so then I will create a download site especially for you...

@SLOWER: The style changes between hardrock, heavy metal and classic. In some songs you'll find different influences of other styles (for example blues, folk, techno). The base of my music is classic which builds the frame in which the other influences are interweaved.

@Gary: Now it seems like a little downing but we had shot so many troubles in a row that I'll tell you there's still nothing lost...
------------------
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 04-26-2005).]

#83957 - 04/30/05 04:35 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Okay, the OT discussion had delayed me for a little while. It's good to see that this (hopefully) will have an ending now. Now I'm back again to tell you what has happened...

I've got the tech of my music dealer on the phone yesterday. He told me that he will ask his hardware dealer for some old HDDs and the absolute important SCSI cable. He will call me back next week...

So, the countdown is still in progress and the recordings will start again at the end of the next week. After a 3 month break caused by so many troubles in a row I'm a little bit enervated. Since 3 days again I'm playing regular my accoustic guitar to speed up my fingers. I need to swap the whole string set on my Gibson because of the bad sounding old strings...*doing*clang*rattle*

Another nasty point are the many papers that I have to fill out yet. You know, contracts and stand-by assertions (I don't know the right terms in english) and something like that. The GEMA is a very german society...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#83958 - 04/30/05 01:42 PM Re: Countdown to zero
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hey Sheriff,
What have you got gear wise?
Besides K2000?

-ED-

#83959 - 04/30/05 03:06 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 3351:
What have you got gear wise?

Sorry, ED, but I don't really understand what you mean with 'gear'. My dictionary shows me many posibilities and they are often very different to each other. Well, some english words are really multi functionable, I'm afraid...

Do you wanna know with which equipment I'm working here? Hm, I've thought you know what I'm using...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#83960 - 05/02/05 04:46 AM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Hello, guys'n'gals!!!

Yesterday we had the traditional red-letter day called "Tag der Arbeit" (engl.: day of working). So I did it and worked with a friend of mine the whole day to fix some problems. So today I have many floppy discs free for sample backups (and I guess I will need them without SCSI).

So I can start trying to connect the newer SCSI-II system with my old Atari Falcon. If this is done then my hard disc recording system will work again and that's what I need for cooperating with M.C.B.'s studio equipment (they also use a Falcon ).

Okay! All red lights turned off now!!!
I'm still waiting for the green lights...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#83961 - 05/03/05 05:27 PM Re: Countdown to zero
Sheriff Offline

Ladies and Gentlemen, the first green light is on!!!

Today I've got mail from C-LAB - they have the required cable! *yeah*
The music store's technician told me on phone today that he migh could have an old HDD of a type that I'm searching for. He'll tell me more about it tomorrow. And then I'll directly pass on you...

However, I'll proceed the recording on friday...promised...

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online