SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83725 - 06/04/07 08:13 PM Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Refresher Course for Gun Owners

1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.4a. Gun control is using both hands

5. If guns are outlawed, can we use s words?

6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words. And spoons caused Rosie O'Donnel to get fat.

7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.

9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.

11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two natural enemies: rust and politicians.

15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

18. Assault is a behavior, not a device

19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.

20. Kennesaw, GA, required all home owners to own a gun.
No murders since that law was enacted 25 years ago.
No gun related crimes in 25 years.

21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.

How about removing some of those we now have? Such as concealed carry?

24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

Or the current US Congress.

26. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."

27. For that matter - public lands should be for public use without interference from the Sierra club and their

aiding and abetting 85 year old senile Federal Judges. Bill Clinton STOLE millions of acres of prime

recreation land from the public - it must be returned.

28. Keep the useless U.N. out of our lives. A bunch of foreign nitwits who have already given up their

freedoms should NEVER be in a position to tell us how we should live our lives here in the U.S.A.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

Thomas Jefferson

#83726 - 06/06/07 05:27 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
BEBOP,
Is all of the above

1) meant to be a joke, in general
2) meant to be a joke, for the benefit of gun owners
3) meant to be a joke, for the benefit of those who oppose gun ownership
4) serious stuff

Can't understand the whole lot.... I am not pro-guns, though I understand why some of you may want to own a gun for protection.

Here, (in Greece), only the armed forces, police, or vigorously scrutinized (or simply wealthy enough to have reasons) individuals may have a legally owned gun.

And if you shoot a burglar and he lives, regardless he had a weapon, you may go to prison WITH him (he for burglary, and you for owning/firing a gun without a licence). May sound unfair, but such is life.

Thinking about my (just a tad higher than a chimpanzee intelligence) neighbours having the "right to bear arms", makes me shiver. Here's an example:

Most males go to obligatory army draft for 12-24 months, so they know how to handle one, at least the basics...that didn't stop 2 of them (in my company) from playing "Hey Johnny, let's see if you can catch my bullet", almost in front of me. A 7,62 NATO bullet no less, Squeak or someone with knowledge of assult rifles can probably tell you what a 7.62 coming from an H&K G3 from 3 feet away can do to flesh and bone. Luckily no one was killed. Lucky bastards!

My view is that since there is no error-free process to exclude morons from buying a gun, it shouldn't be allowed.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 06-06-2007).]

#83727 - 06/06/07 07:41 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
My view is that since there is no error-free process to exclude morons from buying a gun, it shouldn't be allowed.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 06-06-2007).]

Right on, Trident. The recent events at Virginia Tech. (isn't that where squeak_D extols the virtues of that state's gun laws) prove your point precisely.

#83728 - 06/07/07 04:20 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Couldn't agree with you guys more. Other than as a collector piece (mounted and on display) the only reason I can see to own a gun is to kill someone (whatever the circumstances leading up to it). I've never been in a circumstance (excluding the military) where I felt as though I needed a gun to survive, however, I have been inflicted with road rage to the point where if I DID have a gun, there would have been one less little ol' lady on the road.

I also stay out of bars where Country or Rap music is played.

chas

#83729 - 06/07/07 06:08 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I don't live in Virginia. I live in West Virginia. That V. Tech weapon was bought in a Virginia gun store, but as usual EVERYONE blames the damn gun store and the guns for the problem rather than the asshole who shoots the place up.

That shithead in Virginia Tech was the problem, not the gun and not the gun store. The store did EVERYTHING by the book. It's not their fault that other bullshit laws allow complete idiots to own guns. The Virginia Tech incident could have been avoided, but that fell on the courts and not the gun store, but everyone still blames the gun store. That idiot was already placed on record about his mental stability... There's a conflict with current laws dealing with patient privacy here. The gun store had no way of knowing this idiot was that unstable.

Why does everyone blame the problem on guns, and gun stores rather than blame the problem on the idiots who misuse them.

How many people are killed EVERYDAY in vehicle accidents in the United States? Just as many idiots IF NOT MORE own and are sold cars everyday. How many drunk driving deaths are accounted for daily? How many innocent die as a result of them?

How many idiots cause accidents talking on cell phones? How many dumb ass women cause accidents because they do their makeup in the car? Where are all the laws and the huge outcry to take cars off the streets and make laws more strict so these idiots can't get one. Where are all the lawsuits for the auto dealer that sold the car to the idiot?

The gun debate IMO is pointless because the same principle applies to so many other things. I carry a weapon, I protect my home with a weapon. I will do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of my family. If a criminal is dumb enough to break into my home, and is a threat to my daughter or my wife..., then I'd put that person down without a second thought. I love the ability to own a firearm. For every idiot that owns a firearm there's 1000's more that aren't.

It's always going to be the blame game in play here. When it comes to guns they're always going to blame the problem on the gun rather than fix ther "real problems" that are associated with this. Rather than fix those problems..., people just want the "quick fix" and want our firearms taken away. Well I say that's bullshit... Maybe we should push for another quick fix and take everyone's cars away.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#83730 - 06/07/07 11:48 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gun laws will take the guns away from the stable law abiding people..It will NEVER stop criminals from obtaining guns..

I will always protect my family via any means necessary...My fist..a baseball bat...or a gun..doesn't matter..If the choice is a family member or some criminal trash..it is an easy choice..

And if gun laws prevented me from owning a legal gun..I would still maintain one in my home..If criminals can find one..so can I..

#83731 - 06/07/07 01:12 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

1. Why does everyone blame the problem on guns, and gun stores rather than blame the problem on the idiots who misuse them.

2. How many dumb ass women cause accidents because they do their makeup in the car?

3. If a criminal is dumb enough to break into my home, and is a threat to my daughter or my wife..., then I'd put that person down without a second thought.

4. For every idiot that owns a firearm there's 1000's more that aren't.

1. Then why don't we allow all those mean, nasty little countries to have nukes? After all, it's not the nukes that are the problem.

2. Uh, I think I'll let one of your female relatives tackle that one.

3. I might do the same under certain circumstances (gonna be tough without a gun, though) but I hope and pray it won't be "without a second thought".

4. Wow, THAT'S comforting.

Oh well, like I said; "different strokes for different folks".

chas

#83732 - 06/07/07 07:27 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Squeak, in my first post I was agreeing with Trident that morons are legally able to buy guns. I lay no blame on gun stores, they are a legitimate business. As was stated, a gun store owner has no way of determining the stability of a customer. But that is not the point.

Regardless of where, or by whom, a gun is bought, legally or otherwise, it is still a means by which to maim or kill another person. That is the sole purpose of the device. The same can not be said of cars. Unfortunately, morons do get hold of guns, and we are all the more vulnerable for it.

#83733 - 06/07/07 10:50 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
The city I live in borders Kennesaw, Ga. I had never heard of the "no murders in 25 years" factoid until today, so I looked it up on a few websites.

While I can't seem to find evidence that its 100% true, the city data and crime websites seem to concur that from 1983-1994 and the years 2001 and 2002 were free of gun homicides.

Now that I think about it, Kennesaw never really does come up in the news.

Still, I hate going to Kennesaw because the place has become one big shopping center. It has made the people lazy and uninteresting.

#83734 - 06/08/07 12:13 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Squeak and Fran....I put the blame on people of course....

The two guys participating in the "Hey Johnny, let's see if you can catch my bullet", were about 19 -21 years old. The one, (a little soft in the head, honest) was on stag in the camp gate. The other, (not just soft in the head, but actually malleable) just teased him, calling him names, long enough to make him drag the working parts of the rifle back TWICE, so he loaded and ejected an empty case (put first in the magazine for obvious reasons), and then feed the blank (again put second in the magazine for obvious reasons!), flick the safety and fire the blank.

The sh@t from the uniform of the teaser was difficult to clean, and the only reason the moron on stag was not court-martialled, was that a sergeant in charge had a blank to replace the one spent (magazines are empied each stag change and bullets are counted). This thing was never reported of course.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online