SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#83735 - 06/08/07 06:02 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Personally I'm all for gun safety, and I always have been. No weapon in my home is within reach of my child. She's 5 and still doesn't know daddy has guns. When I clean them I do it behind a locked door in my own little play room. (she just thinks I'm playing with my trains or something).

I see many problems though. So many people just want to take our guns from us in general. On paper and in theory this may look good. Sure lets take all the guns off the streets, and from private owners. Well ya know what...? If you think for one minute that solution will work, then please invite me to the fairy land you live in because I want to play there too.

The harsh reality is "this will NOT work". If you take all the guns the only thing you're doing is disarming the law abiding citizens of this country. The only one's who will have guns will be the criminals. There will be a HUGE boom in black market firearms. You take something and the criminal will always find a way to get it back (and always under the radar). So by doing this those who follow the law will have no means to protect themselves. We will be at the mercy of the criminals. Seriously..., how often is a crime carried out in this country with a registered firearm? If the government focused on the underground black market for firearms in this country it would also help. Instead and as usual our government are a bunch of lazy assholes. Rather than fix the real problem these politicians raise hell about firearms (many who own them already) and use this as a way of getting elected.

It just won't work. Again the problem is not our guns. It's not the gun shops either. The problem is the federal government, and some of our current laws that deal with patient privacy. If more information would be shared from the medical cummunity that would "flag" those individuals as "high risk" for firearm ownership then I think that would help out greatly. The V. Tech incident is an excellent example. The kid was declared unstable by doctors however was never placed in a home, but due to the privacy laws the gun store had no idea or any way of knowing this kid was a nut job who needed help.

So you can keep living the fairy dream of thinking that taking guns off the streets will fix the problem, but it won't. You're just disarming those who follow the law and the criminals will still have the guns.

Prohibition is an excellent example too. They outlawed the booze, but it sure as hell didn't go away. Probibition brought on a HUGE underground world of organized crime and many people lost their lives due to it. The booze was outlawed, but that didn't stop the production of it either.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-08-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#83736 - 08/01/07 09:24 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
A fathers first duty is to protect his family. In this day in age I think it wise to have protection in the house. I am for the first time ever concidering a gun permit. Society has changed to a more dangerous one.

Jerry

#83737 - 08/01/07 10:39 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I suspect that people who are against other people owning guns are not campers, RV'ers or hikers.
I keep a sawed off 12 gage with birdshot in my motorhome at all times because I never know where I might have to park at and it doesn't seem to make any difference whether it is day time or night time.
there are people with guns that stop you on the hiway because you need to get out and look at something dragging, on fire or whatever under your motorhom. they use the same scams at night in a rest stop or where you have parked for a few minutes or the night.
there is nothing that discourages them more then hearing this lever action 12 gage being cocked, a sound in the still of night that you don't misunderstand.
Bird shot usually wont kill them but it will sure help them see the error of their ways.
I am not willing to donate my wife to some crazy doped up rapo
PS: No there is no plug in the magazine, it is full. Only the last cartridge is buckshot
Bb
BEBOP

#83738 - 08/18/07 09:54 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Put me down as a "no way" for guns in my house.
I hate those things.

#83739 - 08/19/07 08:46 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Your house has the necesary protection but RV's don't.
You call the cops. We call our wife to hand us the Remington scattergun.
Bebop

#83740 - 08/19/07 12:12 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
One , two maybe three intruders[villains]..a baseball bat will do..

Now Bebop..if it's a Grizzly..I rather have a gun, but birdshot...Good Luck!!!!!!

#83741 - 08/21/07 09:31 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Unfortunately, I see no way to keep guns out of the hands of the bad guys. What a shame!

Russ

#83742 - 08/21/07 10:35 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I was raised and taught that a "man must protect his family". When you deal with an intruder the thing you want to avoid most is "close physical contact". My home will always be protected by a firearm. People often say that they'll never keep guns, but many have changed their minds after their home was broken into, and they found themselves face to face with an intruder.

Ownership is one thing, but you have to be a responsible gun owner. That in itself is a concept that is so often not present in people. I had to force some drunk off my property at gun point recently. I didn't like having to point a pistol at this man, but in today's world--you just can't take the chance when it's your family. We live in a nice neighborhood, but regardless of where you live, anything can happen. It's best be prepared IMO.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-21-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#83743 - 08/23/07 03:44 PM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've had a gun pointed at me, and fired from within 6 feet. That still did not change my mind. I'd be willing to bet that more accidents occur than prevented intrusions.

Keeps your rights, but please lock them up, so the kids can't fool with them.

#83744 - 08/24/07 10:38 AM Re: Refresher Colurse for Gun Owners
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dave, angry husbands/boyfriends can get that way (You OLD DOG, you)!

Russ "deadeye" Lay

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online