SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#83581 - 05/31/07 09:47 AM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I like to check out "old cheerleaders" too...but they they don't hold their value..

#83582 - 05/31/07 10:28 AM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Fran, I still have my original over and under, plus one which is 22 mag and 20 guage...solid maple stock.Price today is about $400.00. About 10 year old and never been fired. Got a lot of "still in the box" pieces.

Don't know why...

Russ

#83583 - 05/31/07 11:57 AM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Got a lot of "still in the box" pieces.

Don't know why...
Russ[/B]

Because you CAN!!!!!
t.

#83584 - 05/31/07 12:20 PM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Russ, we're alike in some ways... I collect stuff too, but my collection isn't as big as yours I too like to collect watches, guns, pocket knives, antiques, and othe things.

Not too long ago I got a nice attic find. My sisters house had a bunch of old things from years ago, and among the stash was a 1934 Kodak camera in mint condition and unused film (original boxes and all)... Then at an antique store I find a whole slew of post cards (50 or more) all post marked from 1909. It wasn't really the cards I was interested in as it was the mint condition 1908 Ben Franklin stamps that were still there with no postal marks running through them. I bought 10 of those cards at $1.00 a pop (the stamps are worth much more).

Then I got lucky too... I later had a closer look at the names on the cards. Several of them had "McCoy". I did some checking and found I have cards addressed to one of the main family members from the famous McCoy family who feuded with the Hatfields all those years. Some of the McCoys settled here in West Virginia.

Then I go back the next weekend and score a few tots for the wife. For $1.00 each, I bought mid 1800's victorian make up tins for the wife, that still had rouge and face powder in them. The face powder still has the applicator too.

It's amazing how many antique store owners out there don't know the value of the items they sell... I frequent her store A LOT

**I also like to collect old radios and televisions**

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-31-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#83585 - 05/31/07 01:00 PM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Forgot cameras...8"x10" and 4"x5" view cameras...many Nikons, Hasseys, Russian Kiev's, Cannon systems, Rolex... and a huge pile of old Kodak, Pentax and others. Of course, we're in the business of production of print, so many of these were tools used for publications and collateral materials.

Ah, boys and their toys...

R.

#83586 - 06/03/07 01:50 AM Re: West Va Gun Laws.. BOY I LOVE THEM!
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
hmmmm,
I am in posession of a winchester model 94 30-30 for sale. Serial number places it between 1943 and 1947. It's in very good condition but does have a small 1/2 in nick in the stock right behind the receiver. The nick however has been there for 40 years already and will never expand or worsen.
This has been in family for 40 years but now I will part with it. even comes in a 40 year old case.
Anyone interested e-mail me.
Jim

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 06-03-2007).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online