Hello.

Since my English isn’t too great, I let myself to skip the long narration about my experiences with making music using PC… especially there wasn’t anything interesting.

I wonder, if the so-called 'Disk streaming' is still necessary – can I, for example, having 2 GB of memory play the VST sampler (e.g. Kontakt 2) without keeping my Hard drive working?

Now I have 512 MB of DDR RAM and I’ve got a latency issue, even using small samples (15-60 MB). I wonder, if there’s a big difference between DDR and DDR2 types of memory when it comes to dealing with music, because my motherboard doesn’t support DDR2 type of memory.

And one more question I want to ask you. Except the computer, I have an arranger keyboard Yamaha PSR-550 that isn’t expensive (about $550), and I was surprised to discover that a lot of its sounds such as Piano, Guitars or Strings are quite comparable with Kontakt’s ones. Maybe they sound not so close to real instruments than Kontakt’s samples do, but they a quite playable though. I was surprised, because total amount of Yamaha’s ROM is 8 MB, whereas one Kontakt’s samples ‘weighs’ about 10-30 MB’s. I know, that Yamaha use compressed samples according to their AWM technology. So, since there’s no latency issue I wonder If there’s any way to use such or similar technology with PC.

Thank you for your attention. I’ll be glad to hear all you thoughts about these questions.