SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82553 - 05/09/05 04:06 AM Gig fight 2
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
HI guys,

Yesterday and day before I was playing... when I wake up yesterday I had to short time to post reply...had to go to another gig

I can't belive that day after the "gig figh" there was 2x more people and they had smiles on their faces!!Some new diferent kind of people,so beutifle girls, people without black toughts,redy to "make love not war"... it all went very well...

...but...
We hear from some people that there WILL be a real war betvene this two villages...next weekend or next month...guys that were beaten have some "pro-beater" friends which are alredy payed for their job + their mad village friends, there will be more blood...What a PRIMITIVES!!

Few years ago you know that there was a war in our country,NOW, we are killing each other!!I don't understand...

Yesterday I was playing private party...or I could say - POLKA party...I don't know,but is it possible that my music carier is going to the end??

sLOWER

#82554 - 05/09/05 05:10 AM Re: Gig fight 2
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
It is amusing that you say how different the crowd was on your second night. I could have predicted that. Very rarely will you have two bad gigs back-to-back. But I'm sorry to hear you anticipate trouble there in the future.

I am sorry to hear that you must play music in such an atmosphere. I am even more upset to think that you might give up your music career because of the violence. I do not know what entertainment is like in your country, but certainly having to play under fear of violence is not a good way to work. Here in the US I can easily refuse such jobs and find other work. Maybe it is not as simple for you. Unfortunately, if I were in your position, I might also be considering ending my music career. I hope this doesn't happen for you. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 05-09-2005).]

#82555 - 05/09/05 05:12 AM Re: Gig fight 2
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hopefully, the internal conflict will end as quickly as it began and you can resume a normal lifestyle. Keep in mind, however, that nothing, absolutely nothing, is permanent--including our music careers.

Good luck and I sincerely hope the issues between the two villages are quickly resolved.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#82556 - 05/09/05 06:17 AM Re: Gig fight 2
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Hello, Slower, my friend!

If you tend to stop your music career then come to me and let's make some good music for your second career...

Life and music are often against each other. The music only describes what we're living to see every day in our lifes. Our songs are dedicated to their lifes but not more. What they're doing with this knowlegde is their own fortune...we can't tell every (wo)man how to use/understand our songs.

I'm making music because of the fun that I have with it. Yes, I would like to live from my music but I'm afraid it won't really feed me...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#82557 - 05/09/05 12:36 PM Re: Gig fight 2
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sadly, when alcohol is involved, very bad things can happen. I've seen a guy get his throat slit (an after hours restaurant club, where people in the restaurant/nightclub business gathered), a riot between surfers and car club members in California, a customer get shot at an upscale Kentucky restaurant(disagreement on a thoroughbred horse sale) and numerous, often bloody confrontations, usually involving domestic trouble or business disagreements. Many of these were after home University of Kentucky football games when a big rival(Georgia) won.

Even Saturday, at a job for one of the most exclusive Louisville country clubs during a Derby day brunch, there was a confrontation in the parking lot, where the police were called.

Sad but true....

Russ

#82558 - 05/09/05 03:25 PM Re: Gig fight 2
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Well, I can really understand most of them. The most people are hard workers. They are captured by their own dreams to get more freedom but the more they're working the more they're loosing their freedom. It's the circle of the devil...

...and then on weekends they're wallowing in the few hours of freedom. But they're still keeping the truth in the back of their mind that freedom is only an imagination. In this moment it seems to be a good aid for loosing such blue minds to consume alcohol or in some cases harder stuff. Again, it's the circle of the devil...

When will it end? When the last human has gone to Elysia???

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-09-2005).]

#82559 - 05/09/05 03:40 PM Re: Gig fight 2
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
As if the fights and weekend warriors weren't bad enough....the drunks are even worse.
A friend of mine was playing at a bar one night and while the band was on a "break"..no pun intended, some **sholes decided to show their intelligence, and proceeded to knock over the drummers cymbal stands which in turn fell against a guitar stand, which in turn dumped a '67 Les Paul on the deck and snapped the neck off at the body. Fortunately insurance covered it, but as any guitar player will attest, insurance might cover it, but can never replace it.

------------------
...shboom

#82560 - 05/10/05 08:44 PM Re: Gig fight 2
Smurf Offline

Loc: Ohio
The beginning of the end for me was about 5 years ago. Was on a 2 month tour with a band and played a small collage town in the middle of who-knows-where USA. We had a few “pretty boys” reaching up on stage grabbing my cymbals, hitting the keys, turning the amp knobs, just being butts. We were there for 3 nights, and after telling the so called management about it for 2 of the nights with nothing being done we had had it. The last set of the last night the guitarist said something to one of the butts and the fight was on. 5 of us + 3 in the road crew against about 25 collage drunks. 3 people found out what happens when a 16” Sabian cymbal, on a boom stand, comes into contact with their body.

I was NOT proud of that night, and I swore from that night on that I would get out of “bars”. It was how I made my living, but after 4 years I got out, I choice where I play and with whom, and am enjoying myself. No musician should have to put up with that, but I fully understand HAVING to play to get your pay, or if there is a very few places TO play in the area, that you have to. If I went back to that place before the “war” starts I would recruit as many friends as I could to protect the band and equipment, and not get involved in the garbage unless it was in self defense…….Just my 2 cents, which is worth about 1 1/3 in today’s economy!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online