SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82129 - 05/09/07 03:10 AM UPDATE! Hi!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Hey guys, just wanted to say hi. Well it's been over a year since I, stopped my crazy obsession with keyboards, and my quandaries about not being able to play, along with all of my hang ups, and my constant postings about all of my problems. Sorry about all that. Here it is a year latter and I am feeling much better. I am more relaxed. I have been finding other things to do. Such as my collection of Edison Phonographs, and records. I have also started a collection of 19th century literature. I have a passion for old things, that's why I love browsing through Antique Malls.

Oh yes! I finally got over my obsession of wanting to own a Minimoog synth. Let's just say that dream will never be reached. Even though I would love to own one. I just can not, justify paying over $1,000.00 for a 30 year old instrument. The same goes for all vintage synths. Besides the vintage synth market has become so outrageous with price hikes, and people scrambling to buy an old synth has just put me off completely. I will still love vintage analog synths, just not with the same fervor I used to have.

I have been taking the occasional day trips with my father, to browse Antique Malls, which is fun, it gives my father and I a chance to spend time together. Which is fun! Well that's about it for me!

PEACE!

#82130 - 05/09/07 12:40 PM Re: UPDATE! Hi!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
What a great thing to do with your dad. Believe me, that's something he'll always appreciate.

Old synths are great. I just located a Korg Micro synth and a PIA kit synth in my warehouse...both are at least 30 or so years old. I bought them both new. They both work. Google and you can easily find specs and photos.

Have FUN, RELAX and ENJOY!

Russ

#82131 - 05/09/07 12:44 PM Re: UPDATE! Hi!

Thanks Russ!

#82132 - 05/09/07 06:45 PM Re: UPDATE! Hi!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Welcome back, Analogcontrolfreak.

#82133 - 05/10/07 01:09 AM Re: UPDATE! Hi!

Thank you Taike. I hadn't really left, I just haven't posted in a while, but thank you for welcomeing me back!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online