SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82124 - 01/30/07 03:23 PM The Freak is Back!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know the Freak has returned! Not that I really went anywhere ha ha. No, I've just been involved in my latest hobby. Collecting Discs for my Edison Disc phonograph. Along with buying old Phonograph ads, for Victrola, Columbia and Edison. It's been a blast looking for the stuff, plus I have been learning a little more about Edison, and music of the 1900-1929 also referred to as music of the Acoustic Era. Also, I joined a couple of Forums on the subject. One of them oddly enough is called The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board. The other is the Old Time Victrola Music Message Board. I have put together a nice collection of discs, ads, and cylinders. I hope to acquire a couple of cylinder players in the future.

Also, to tell you I have not abandoned electronic music, nor this board. I haven't bought any new keyboards, since most of my time has been spent on my other hobby. I have tossed around the idea of acquiring an Alesis ION. I'm not exactly sure why, but something about this synth intrigues me. As for the Minimoog, let's be realistic here. That's been put on the back burner for quite awhile.

I still have the OMNI, Poly-61 and my K61 controller keyboards, even though they are not getting used. The Omni is always going to be with me. I have grown quite attached to it. As for the Poly-61, I just have it to go along with my Poly-61 web page. As for the K61, let's face it I'm not a software man. So if I sold it, it would be no biggie.

I as I had stated, in my last post, "Taking a break from Electronic Music" I'm not a player, and not really concerned with it. I have accepted the fact that, I don't have to be a player, or be able to play, just for the sake of playing. I am no longer a slave to those beliefs. Who knows I may actually come up with something, but don't hold your breath.

Anyway that's it for me. PEACE!

#82125 - 01/31/07 03:20 AM Re: The Freak is Back!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Jevan Kearse ?? WHERE ??? WHERE ??????
Hey Andyyyyieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
( I'm sure I spelled his first name wrong ! )

#82126 - 01/31/07 12:43 PM Re: The Freak is Back!

Jevan Kearse? Never heard of him.

I thought it was supposed to be.

"Good evening I am inspector Tiger. Tiger?
Where, where. Monty Pythons Flying Circus.

#82127 - 02/02/07 03:09 AM Re: The Freak is Back!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Last season, the Philadelphia EAGLES lost a player that was nicknamed "The Freak".
He's an awesome, animal-type aggressive monster!
BTW - I love Monty Python, but I missed that Tiger reference. Sheeshhh.....

#82128 - 02/02/07 02:44 PM Re: The Freak is Back!

Ok, thanks for that bit of triva.

The tiger refference was from an episode of Monty Python's flying circus.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online