SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81983 - 09/27/06 04:19 PM Duets and Celebrity Duets
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
There seems to be a resurgance in doing duets lately. Have any of you been watching Celebrity Duets? What do you think?

I've seen Tony Bennett on televison twice now singing songs from his duet album. The guy still has it.

Tom

Tom

#81984 - 09/28/06 10:01 AM Re: Duets and Celebrity Duets
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
There seems to be a resurgance in doing duets lately. Have any of you been watching Celebrity Duets? What do you think?

I've seen Tony Bennett on televison twice now singing songs from his duet album. The guy still has it.

Tom

... and I don't think he's EVER going to lose it ... his duets with k.d. lang are great ...

I believe on Oct 4 Jerry Lee Lewis (yes, THAT one !!! ) is going to be on Imus in the Morning on MSNBC to promote his new "Last Man Standing" CD where he does duets with a number of people ... he is STILL rockin' ...
t.

#81985 - 10/02/06 12:31 PM Re: Duets and Celebrity Duets
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Tony, I backed Jerry Lee in 1962 at Brocks in Lexington, Kentucky. He looked like death warmed over then. What staying power! Of course, I ain't so pretty pretty now, either. Sometimes, it's not the years, it's the mileage....

(Groan)

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 10-02-2006).]

#81986 - 10/03/06 08:13 AM Re: Duets and Celebrity Duets
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
well, unfortunately, I had the date wrong ... he was on today ... Fortunately, I was home with a head cold, and saw most of his act ... the years AND the mileage have not been good to Killer !!!
How was it backing him up? How was he, personally?
t.

#81987 - 10/04/06 06:53 AM Re: Duets and Celebrity Duets
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Tony, I backed Jerry Lee in 1962 at Brocks in Lexington, Kentucky. He looked like death warmed over then. What staying power! Of course, I ain't so pretty pretty now, either. Sometimes, it's not the years, it's the mileage....

(Groan)

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 10-02-2006).]

Russ, my band back in Oklahoma opened a show/dance for him in about 65. After he took the stage he proceeded to have a fit and tear up the piano because it was "out of tune". The crowd booed him off the stage, and we had to go back on and play the dance portion.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online