SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81534 - 01/14/05 11:38 AM BOO...
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Just received an e-mail from Boo....well, it seems that he took the advise of a few board members and went ahead and paid the fellow for the laptop against his better judgement
now he don't have the money or the laptop and the seller won't answer his e-mails....
needless to say, Boo is feeling blue and I would be too...the man works hard for his money just to be ripped of by scam artists
on e-bay....be aware...not all are that way
but there are some...Boo, I'm sorry you got
hurt by this unkind act and hope that you don't mind my sharing your story with your
forum family....do come back to the forum...

#81535 - 01/14/05 12:37 PM Re: BOO...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I don't think there's been enough time for the laptop to be delivered. Didn't the guy write back last weekend and tell him he was in school and didn't get to the computer often.
I'm not saying anybody is right or wrong but if the guy shipped it 48 hours after recieving payment it won't get there till next week.
All I'm saying is don't panic he's protected by paypal and ebay, and even they make you wait a certain amount of time (I forget exactly how much and I'm too lazy to look it up right now).

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 01-14-2005).]

#81536 - 01/14/05 01:14 PM Re: BOO...
Tony Rome Offline

Mike....I'm not sure what the time frame was
but the protection that you are refering to
from pay-pal and e-bay in my case is non exsistant...I can't get e-bay or pay-pal to responde to my e-mails after not getting gifts that I bid on and won in November paid in Nov thru pay-pal for my childrens Christmas...I can't get the sellers or e-bay or pay-pal to answer....maybe Boo should wait
a little longer, however, The guy who sold the laptop got the money.....you could be correct, it may just be slow coming....

#81537 - 01/14/05 01:23 PM Re: BOO...
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Why can't you get any response...is it because you're out of the country?

#81538 - 01/14/05 02:04 PM Re: BOO...
Tony Rome Offline

No, I've followed all of the instructions and sent many request for help giving all of the info and data they requested and thery won't respond...I've tried calling them and get into the telephone loop saying to press
this and that # and it still comes back into the loop...when I did get a message to wait for a service rep, I was on the phone for 1:45 minutes waiting and no rep...it is very costly to call Calif. from Cozumel Mexico,
I'm still waiting to hear from someone I hope

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online