SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#81532 - 01/21/05 05:39 AM Re: What Is...
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
What when there is a Bush, Dick and Colon running the country. ( I was very tempted to leave the 'o' out of country but I restrained myself )

Durn, that's pretty funny.

#81533 - 01/21/05 06:20 AM Re: What Is...
Mark, Michie & Luce Offline

Loc: Mersea Island, England
To royandreno,

I read your reply with great interest. We only got home half an hour ago having waited for the RAF carrier to land bringing Luce home. To all concerned she's alright but needs a good couple of weeks breathing space. At the moment she also needs a very big meal as I'm sure she's lost a couple of pounds.

Your comments about GWB and Iraq I can only agree with. This war against terror is, in my book, a)totally stupid even after 9/11 and b)from the position of US personel totally ka-ka. I doubt that either Churchill or Roosevelt would have got involved in such affairs. I admit, they had Hitler to deal with but then he was out there murduring millions of another race because, in his rather lunatic mind, they were evil incarnate. I know that Suddam was responsible for similar crimes, but not to that scale.

At the start of WW1, the so called 'War To End All Wars' the population were told to expect peace for all time. Well, sucks to that and WW2. What we've ended up with is, following WW2, four more great wars I can think of, Korea, Vietnam, the Falklands and Iraq. So much for peace for all time.

Some of you, replublican mainly, will disagree with the above. But just take a minute to stop and think about the 'state' of world affairs. Even Nixon giving his speech of resignation couldn't have forseen this way of the world.

Peace and hope to you all,

Michie

[This message has been edited by Mark, Michie & Luce (edited 01-21-2005).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online