... Freedom Or Democracy?

Well, where to start. The events of 9/11 scared us all in one way or another. We lost good friends and colleagues both in New York and Washington. It was understandable that America and it allies cracked down on terrorism but then, god bless the US of A, they decide to inflict a war of Iraq based on badly worded intelligence and with little thought for the outcome. Sure, it might be a vote wimmer, but we've got President Bush (Jnr) back in action for another four years, even though it was his daddy who sold the stuff to Saddam in the first place. You have to ask yourself, personally, who gives(?) away arms to their next enemy. Something smells wrong here.

Going back to our own prime minister, the almighty Mr Blair. It hasn't escaped the British public's attention that he is now a nothing more than a lap dog for the white house. I certainly hope they gave him a nice ruffled collar to go with the rest of his rather gaudy suits.

Back to 2005; nobody, but nobody, can have helped not hear about the Tsunami in Asia. But why did, after only one day, every goverment or regime try to outbid each other for the amount of help (cash or other items) made availible. Was this to help the survivors or to win political points? I'll go for the second option. The U.K. in particular was badly set astray as the public donated more money than the elected goverment to start with. Even as I'm writing this, an aid flight is leaving from near here taking items donated to a UK TV program 'Blue Peter' for Indonesia. These items were expected to be donated towards the Sudan, but as they raised more than 3 times the expected amount they decided, bless them, that the aid could also be used elsewhere.

The above points to one thing, and one thing only; next time you go the a polling booth, think carefully, not about the person you vote for but for what 'they' believe in.

A quote, to finish, from the bible,

'The Lord Giveth And The Lord Taketh Away'

Michie

PS I don't practice any religion and just believe in a cause of human rights and dignity.