SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81410 - 05/31/05 03:38 PM Tragic incident
Roel Offline

While doing their job for the company I too work for, two technicians lost their lifes because of an exploding condensate vessel.
Three men were blown off the vessel and only one of them survided.
This time the emergency-call wasn't for testing (as we usually do) but reallity....and I was one of the first that was informed.... a sad day !

Some pictures on www.112groningen.nl

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 05-31-2005).]

#81411 - 05/31/05 04:03 PM Re: Tragic incident
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Roel, I'm so sorry this happened, and for the loss of your friends. I'm glad you are safe though.
Don

#81412 - 06/01/05 12:16 PM Re: Tragic incident
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Sorry to hear so! That makes me sad. Two men dead and one is violated. Are there any wifes or children waiting for their bread-earner?

I'm glad that there were 'only' three men involved. I know about such accidents where more people were involved. But it's not a question - it would be better if NOBODY would be violated by those accidents.

Let that be a warning to the managements of all factories over the world to do much more for the security of their co-workers! Life is valuable!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with the two dead men AND I wish the third man to heal soon! Also, I wish you, Roel, that you can, as soon as possible, draw a line under this experience.

Best regards, Danny

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online