SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#80805 - 03/18/05 05:49 AM MLB and steroids
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What a shame that we are so consumed with legal wranglings and political correctness. Baseball (or any sport) players should be able to step up to the plate and honestly say what they've done and believe. If the sport has caused some or all to adopt a regimen of enhancement products, then the sport should be held responsible. To take the 'fifth' or refuse to answer pointed questions for fear of legal retributions is not the way to get to the bottom of this pervasive problem.

Who's the hero? Canseco or McGwire?

#80806 - 03/19/05 10:09 AM Re: MLB and steroids
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Neither...

Being from NY, I still follow the Mets a little, but baseball lost me for the most part long ago. I can't afford to take my grandkids to very many games. I also have ties to Western Pa, and so I rooted a little for the Pirates vs anyone but the Metsies. The Pirates had some exciting and excellent teams in the 60's and 70's. In today's baseball world, they are a small market team that cannot afford enough quality players, even in the developmental stages.

I 've always been a big Nascar fan as well, since the days when Petty was the "king" but as it has become expanded I also think it has become far less fan friendly.

Sports to me used to be so much more for kids in general. Today it has gone so far from that, and negative examples like McGwire and Canseco really reaffirm that for me and make me want to gently steer my grandkids toward other and better things in life.

Somehow though, I can't help but wish that someone who really IS clean will come along and break Bonds' single season home run record. I wish him no ill will healthwise, but I also hope that somehow he won't be able to surpass Ruth or Aaron. Unfortunately, I believe it's quite likely that he will surpass both,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-19-2005).]

#80807 - 03/19/05 11:27 PM Re: MLB and steroids
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's a real shame to hear views like this but I can understand where you are coming from. I am not even a US citizen but I really love the game of baseball and have been to watch the LA Dodgers play many times at Dodger Stadium in LA. I just wish players could play to the best of their natural talents. Steroids just don't make for a level playing field.

#80808 - 03/20/05 07:30 AM Re: MLB and steroids
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
We pay men to play a game under the influence of illegal drugs millions of dollars.
We pay people to educate our kids, to raise the younger generation, pennies by comparison.
The moral of the story is............

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online