SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#80487 - 06/30/05 07:15 PM San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
That was the headline on tonights NBC News telecast. We just edged out Detroit, Michigan. Sorry Tom
Bebop

#80488 - 07/01/05 04:26 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bill
Geographical size; population; number of homes...?
Rog

#80489 - 07/01/05 05:41 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
That's OK Bill. Maybe we should give you the Detroit Lions. Then you can suffer like we have.

Hi Roger. How are you?

Tom

Tom

#80490 - 07/01/05 07:13 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Benton, LA has WAY too many people now. Last I heard it was more than 3,000. We may have to find a smaller place!
DonM

#80491 - 07/01/05 06:57 PM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
by population Roger. now close to 1 Million people living here.
San Jose is also the third largest city in California after Los Angeles and San Diego.
You keep them Lions Tom, We got enough trouble with teams here as in no sharks this year.
Don, we were in Benton, KY the other day and my wife didn't even recognize it until we found the square with the statues etc. It was a village when we got married and now is about 12,000 or so. Awesome
Well folks I am off to Reno for the next 10 days, wish me some luck to win enough of them big silver dollars to fill up this 100 gallon tank to get home on. It is down hill most of the way home so might not need a full tank
Best to all.
Bebop

#80492 - 07/02/05 06:40 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
Is "Do You Know the Way to San Jose" the city's official song? If so-it only took 40 years to break into the top 10. Maybe this time out P Diity/Gwen Stefani can team up on a remake and by 2050 San Jose can break into the top 5 cities. I mean any woman that can remake "If I was a Rich Man" and sell millions of copies would have no problems with redoing this one.

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
by population Roger. now close to 1 Million people living here.
San Jose is also the third largest city in California after Los Angeles and San Diego.
You keep them Lions Tom, We got enough trouble with teams here as in no sharks this year.
Don, we were in Benton, KY the other day and my wife didn't even recognize it until we found the square with the statues etc. It was a village when we got married and now is about 12,000 or so. Awesome
Well folks I am off to Reno for the next 10 days, wish me some luck to win enough of them big silver dollars to fill up this 100 gallon tank to get home on. It is down hill most of the way home so might not need a full tank
Best to all.
Bebop

#80493 - 07/05/05 08:21 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
by population Roger... now close to 1 Million people living here. ....
Bebop

Pop: 1 million ??? just about the same as the state of Rhode Island ... ... does that make li'l rhody the 11th largest CITY in the US of A?!?!?
t.

#80494 - 07/05/05 09:29 AM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
renig Online   content

Loc: Canada
Hey, can I blow the trumpet for Edmonton, Alberta, Canada here?

Metro Edmonton just broke through the 1 million barrier (which makes us Canada's fourth largest city) and it's growing like crazy here. We also have the most parkland per capita in North America, and the greatest influx of immigrants from other provinces. I guess Alberta's lack of a provincial sales tax is part of that, plus the incredible expansion going on in the oil industry.

Now, if we could just eradicate the damn mosquitos!

#80495 - 07/05/05 01:45 PM Re: San Jose is now the 10th largest city in the United States
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
As the member living closest to Detroit, let me congratulate you and San Jose. Detroit has much to offer, but it's an old city with mayors and city councils that would rather fight than work together. Developers always have ideas, but they are rarely fulfilled. Major pockets of the city are vacant and run down. I fear it will continue to drop before it rises. Unfortunately, metro Detroiters are some of the best people you would like to know. Again, good luck.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online