SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#80039 - 05/14/05 09:17 PM Song Demo
StPatrick Offline

Loc: Bentonville, VA USA
Ok, I was inspired by Shboom's excellent demos to post one of my own. http://mcdermottreport.com/dontcloseyoureyes.wma
I did it from a midi, played through a Roland XV-5050 sound module. My vocal was done with my Shure KSM-32 mic into my Protools MBox.
I can't wait until I get my Ketron SD1 Plus and can do a better version of the music.

#80040 - 05/15/05 06:59 AM Re: Song Demo
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
What's wrong? I can't hear it...
The extension (suffix) of this file is .wma so I can't play it. I can only play .wav and .mp3 files. What a pity...

I would really like to hear it!!!
------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-15-2005).]

#80041 - 05/15/05 07:44 AM Re: Song Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey StPatrick,

Wow, I thought the vocals were great, real nice sound.

But I'm with you, can't wait for you to get the SD1+ to spice up the music.

Any chance you could send me the midi file? I'd like to try it here at home.

Thanks in advance.

-mike

PS. Enjoyed all the photos on your website too.

#80042 - 05/15/05 08:47 AM Re: Song Demo
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
St Pat....Listening to your song as I type..
Great Vocals and I liked the song...you done good....
Tony Rome

#80043 - 05/15/05 09:03 AM Re: Song Demo
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
I like it... vocal is great... kindly Garth Brooks... if it is mine song I'll try to make arrangment likely "If tommorow never comes"...

sLOWER

#80044 - 05/15/05 09:45 AM Re: Song Demo
StPatrick Offline

Gee guys, thanks!

Sheriff: It is Windows Media Player format. Are you on a Mac?

msutliff: I can't access the original at the moment because my computer crashed over thanksgiving and i got this one. prob is hard drives don't use the wide gray cable anymore so I need a card to put my old ones back in.
But I think this is it: http://wilstar.net/midi/dont_close_your_eyes.mid

#80045 - 05/15/05 06:32 PM Re: Song Demo
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
StPatrick...
Nice pipes man...you've got a great voice there, reminicent of Randy Travis.
I agree with Mike, that with a little more oomph on the background, it would really pull the whole song forward (if that makes sense?)
...to echo Tony.."Ya done good".
Looking forward to more from you. Can't say enough about your voice. Very clean, with a great "country" trill.
I tip my headphones to you my friend.

------------------
...shboom

#80046 - 05/15/05 07:11 PM Re: Song Demo
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by StPatrick:
But I think this is it: http://wilstar.net/midi/dont_close_your_eyes.mid

Hey StPat,

Was that the file you used for your demo?

Anyway, I changed a few settings (most of the tracks had the chorus cranked to 127) and saved a copy for ya.

Dont Close Your Eyes

When you get a chance.......

-mike

#80047 - 05/16/05 12:53 AM Re: Song Demo
StPatrick Offline

shboom: thanks so much. I definitely agree that the music pretty much sucks. (you were being diplomatic, lol). I want to get the midi file that msutliff fixed and apply a style to it when i get my sd1. I'm happy with the vocal except i think i'm a little quivery or off key or something at the beginning. maybe im being too picky. I'll try to post some more when I get good copies. i have a copy of me singing sacrifice by elton john somewhere, I'll try to find it. Here's a file of me singing the auctioneer by leroy van dyke:
http://mcdermottreport.com/auctioneer_draft.wma

It took me a year to learn it! I'm not thrilled with the vocal but it was just a first draft. When I play a redneck club they go ape s--- over it.

As for the Randy Travis comparison, I'll accept it as a compliment. He's playing my local fair this July for about $35,000. The list of things I won't do for $35,000 an hour is very short, lol!

msutliff: i think that is the file but im not positive. its pretty close. ill try to get the one i used when i can figure out how to install my hard drive from the old computer in my new one.
You definitely improved it, though! Thanks. I saved it and can't wait to try it on the Roland XV5050 and my Ketron SD1, when I get it. Luckily, it looks like I just booked my last open Sat in June so I should make enough to buy it by early July! Im very eager to get my hands on one.

Thanks for everyone's feedback!!!! I'm so happy and lucky that I found synthzone. Nigel rox!

#80048 - 05/16/05 03:34 AM Re: Song Demo
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by StPatrick:
Sheriff: It is Windows Media Player format. Are you on a Mac?

No, I'm on a W2k system but I've banished the WinMediaPlayer because it has caused so many problems to my system. Sometimes if I browsed the internet and clicked on a WinMediaFile (.wma/.wmf) then my browser crashed while the player tried to play some tunes directly out of the internet without asking me to save it. So, I've decided to kill WinMediaPlayer.

On the other side I'm always working with .wav files (CD summery, studio, etc.) and so it was logical to me to use .wav files only. I'm using .mp3 files only for economizing my HDDs and for presenting them in the internet...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online