SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#79280 - 12/30/00 02:03 PM Roland Mc-505 and cubase 4.0 midi set-up
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have just gotten started using this software with this device and I haven't found any way to get cubase to recognize the MC-505 anyone out there know how to make this happen? the mc-505 (groovebox is not on the pull down menu configuration).

#79281 - 01/01/01 04:19 PM Re: Roland Mc-505 and cubase 4.0 midi set-up
daviddsd Offline

Loc: dalton-in-furness,cumbria,Engl...
Yes, I now know why the Roland MC-505 doesn't work with my PC, and I know how to set the MC-505 up for Cubase!!!

Firstly. My PC would NOT talk to my MC-505 because the MIDI signal coming from the PC was not strong enough for the 505, as I was using a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! Value Card, and SoundBlaster compatable Midi Cable with attatched joystick output.
THE FIX!!: Buy a Philip Rees V3 Midi Thru Box, priced £12.95 FREE P&P. Contact: 01608 811215. This has a built-in buffered MIDI signal booster for the Roland MC-505 to hear! SOLVED!!!

Now, using Cubase to select sounds on the MC-505. You need the MC-505.DEV file, which can be obtained from: www.copasetic.com/505/
WONDERFUL!! It took me hours to find this site!
To load the .dev file in Cubase, goto MODULES, Activate STUDIO MODULE, the go into the setup for studio module, click on ADD, find your mc-505.dev file and it's then auto-loaded up everytime Cubase is loaded!

Now, to control the EFX there's a .zip file you can download, it's about 5kb, and it's found at www.synapse.tm/zone505/ goto this site, click on "downloads" and download the first thing on the list called sysex for MC-505 VERSION 1.00.
Unzip it into it's own directory, and it's full of .syx files and a few other files.

I don't know how to use these files yet, but as soon as I do find out. I'll post it up on this message board!

Unless someone out there knows how to use .syx files in Cubase VST???

That's it! Hope you find this useful.
I wish I had this message to look at when I started out I'll tell you!! ha ha

Have FUN FUN FUN!!!

------------------
Email: daviddsd@lineone.net

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online