SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#78948 - 04/07/08 08:17 AM Re: pa1x vs pa2x
Maintech Offline

Loc: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Hi All,

I'm a new member, and a newbee player, recently retired so now have time to learn to use the new toy, a Korg pa500, to add to an elderly Eminent 2000 home theater organ, and a Hammond ex1000 organ [midi in-out]. I tried to make a selection of a new keyboard based on input from others, and from demos, but finally I bit the bullet and rented for a month one kind, The Yamaha PSR s900.
I loved it's easy interface, amazing sounds and the great variety of styles. However I was bowled over by the Korg 'live' like sounds, and selected it. If you can rent both for a week or more, I think you will quickly identify what is better for you. My Renter would deduct some of the rent cost if I buy from them, so its not all loss.

David.

#78949 - 04/09/08 06:13 PM Re: pa1x vs pa2x
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi David,
if you're planning on midiing stuff to a keyboard, the PA500 is possibly the better choice.

I have the PA800, & I've midied a couple of my keyboards/modules to it , (just to try). I would imagine the PA800 & PA500 would be similar in that respect.

I also tried something similar with my PSR1500, couldn't get the same result.
The midi functions aren't as good.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Maintech:
Hi All,

I'm a new member, and a newbee player, recently retired so now have time to learn to use the new toy, a Korg pa500, to add to an elderly Eminent 2000 home theater organ, and a Hammond ex1000 organ [midi in-out]. I tried to make a selection of a new keyboard based on input from others, and from demos, but finally I bit the bullet and rented for a month one kind, The Yamaha PSR s900.
I loved it's easy interface, amazing sounds and the great variety of styles. However I was bowled over by the Korg 'live' like sounds, and selected it. If you can rent both for a week or more, I think you will quickly identify what is better for you. My Renter would deduct some of the rent cost if I buy from them, so its not all loss.

David.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#78950 - 04/21/08 03:56 AM Re: pa1x vs pa2x
Maintech Offline

Loc: Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Hi Rikki
Thanks for the encouragement. I have settled on the pa500 and I'm working through its functions. I'll post my results when I midi the Korg to the Hammond,

Cheers,

------------------
David

#78951 - 04/23/08 02:45 AM Re: pa1x vs pa2x
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi David,
congratulations on the PA500.

If you're looking for any styles or stuff, check out a couple of these other forums
http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?en
http://www.arrangerworld.com/dl.asp?cmd=3

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Maintech:
Hi Rikki
Thanks for the encouragement. I have settled on the pa500 and I'm working through its functions. I'll post my results when I midi the Korg to the Hammond,

Cheers,

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online