Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#78864 - 11/07/07 12:25 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Bernie,
the keyboard seems have have all bases covered.
best wishes
Rikki

Rikki, I think you do have SD1 as well, right? How do you find the differences in style between SD1 and PA800, I bought PA1X Pro right before you got yours PA800, I like to know your opinion, I stll couldn't find a particular style like "60's pop, any comment?

Tye

------------------
Tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#78865 - 11/07/07 01:30 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ty,
I do still have my SD1+. A lot of the sd1 styles don't really suit what I like to play. I was sort of aware of that when I bought it, but I had hoped to create some styles for it by using EMC & converting or using midi to style functions. Lack of onboard editing functions made it rather more difficult than I'd expected. I really like the SD1 Live drums though.. About the only type of style creation I do for it now is using it's pattern copy function.

I personally don't really use much in the way of pop or rock styles,
I mainly use ballad, latin, swing, bigband, movie, type styles.
I prefer the old 40's , & early 50's type of music & so far I haven't had too much trouble finding a style to suit.

PA800 is lacking in the piano ballad styles that I like in my psr1500,though, & when I get round to it, I'll try & convert some.
The SD1 also lacked this type of style.

I had a look thru the PA800 styles & didn't notice any reference to a "60's pop" style as such either. I think my psr1500 has this type of genre well covered, but I really never use them.

Are you actually after a 60's pop style? I could try converting one for you ( if you don't have EMC) from my psr collection, only problem is I wouldn't be able to tweak it because as far as I'm aware the PA1x won't read a PA800 style.

One thing the Korgs definately don't lack is style editing functions for styles.

I did my first conversion a couple of days ago. Just a simple piano arpeggio/orchestra style ( no drums).
Still working out all the different settings & what they mean on the korg.
For PSR styles it looks like they could actually be converted without using EMC, by just using midi to style function. The main bit of editing that would be involved would be the editing of the XG drums & that might be solved by creating XG mapped user drum sets on the korg.

The fact that the korg may lack the odd style, doesn't really worry me.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shade of pale:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#78866 - 11/07/07 02:53 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
However, filtering "POP" in the Songbook, there is over sixty entrees. This is in addition to R&R. A lot of them are sixties.

I have gotten around to auditioning them,however.

Bernie

#78867 - 11/07/07 05:18 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bernie,
just had a look too. Didn't think to check the songbook.
Certainly seems to be quite a number of 60's titles amongst them, ( at least the ones I could work out, that is. Wish they could use the proper titles instead of the cryptic ones. Yammie does the same thing) I have trouble trying to work some of them out. Not too good at cryptic stuff. haa haa
Obviously doesn't stop one from playing 60's tunes however even if there isn't a style called 60's Pop as such. Korg seems to be using a variety of styles for these titles..

Had a look thru my psr styles too. Found a number of them with 60's in front, but only 2 of them happen to be so called 60's pop.
One must have to use other styles as well to cope with the variety of pop songs that were round in the 60's.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bernie9:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#78868 - 11/07/07 05:33 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Rikki, I remember that on the download section over at irish acts someone took the time to decipher that original song list and post it for korg users to download, dont know if it's still there but worth checking out!!
Dennis
PS if you don't find it, I've probably still got it on my storage drive somewhere

#78869 - 11/07/07 07:19 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks Dennis,
I'll have a look. I must just have a brain block on trying to work out titles. I never was much good at cryptic crossword puzzles either. haahaa

Is Irish acts the actual korg forum ??
I typed in Irish acts the other day, & the korg forum popped up??

Just over 20 days to go Dennis.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#78870 - 11/07/07 09:28 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Rikki, yes its about the only decent korg froum there is, and a great download resource, styles songs vocaliser setups etc etc...and YES 20 days, (but who's counting )
Dennis

#78871 - 11/08/07 08:17 AM Re: PA800 Songbook
Shade of pale Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Ty,
I mainly use ballad, latin, swing, bigband, movie, type styles.
I prefer the old 40's , & early 50's type of music & so far I haven't had too much trouble finding a style to suit.

I had a look thru the PA800 styles & didn't notice any reference to a "60's pop" style as such either. I think my psr1500 has this type of genre well covered, but I really never use them.

Are you actually after a 60's pop style? I could try converting one for you ( if you don't have EMC) from my psr collection,
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shade of pale:

Hi Rikki, so kind of you takinf time answer mu question, It would be nice if you could convert the 60's PoP from psr 1500, I think PA1x pro can read pa800. They have 60 rock which is different feel than the 60 pop, you know like some thing Ricy Nelson, or Roy Orbison did, they may even called the style mashpotato as well.

Funny thing is I bought Tyros1, G70 and PA1x Pro, sold the 1st 2, but still keep giging with SD1, thanks Rikki
[B]

------------------
Tye

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#78872 - 11/08/07 08:24 PM Re: PA800 Songbook
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Ty,
I converted any 60's style I had . They're untweaked , so don't know how useable they'd be. I even converted the sd1 60's pop. Live drums could be a problem though.
I know my EMC software won't read a PA800 style until the new version comes out.
PA800's have 3 endings , not the 2 that the kog PA1x's have. I somehow doubt the PA1x will read the PA800, though vice versa does work.
Have you actually checked out any of the Korg PA styles,
Apparently there's a new download of 64 styles which includes some of the PA800 styles in PA1x format. http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?en

Also the createsongstyles forum has a number of korg styles. Don't know if there's any 60's stuff, but could be worth checking out also if you haven't already done so.
http://www.createsongstyles.com/forum/index.php

Meanwhile, send me an email at
rikkisbears@hotmail.com
& let me know where to send the styles too.

Not sure how familiar you are with the workings of your korg, but just load the styles in one at a time rather than the whole bank.
EMC always saves as banks not individual styles. You don't want to overwrite any existing user styles you may have.

I accidently deleted mine the other day.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#78873 - 11/09/07 07:14 AM Re: PA800 Songbook
Shade of pale Offline

Rikki,

Thanks so much, I will check those sites out again.....I will also try to edit styles that come with the board as well, I did a lot of that with SD1, thanks again!

------------------
Tye

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online