SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#78840 - 10/12/06 11:06 PM Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I wonder if what I heard is true?? Is it going to be released until January 2007 ?.....if it is true, Korg is going to miss the Xmas season for sales...to bad

#78841 - 12/17/06 06:50 PM Re: Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
mdorantes Offline

I got my PA 800 a week ago....I have been using it since in my gigs....it is a GREAT keyboard !! )

------------------
mdorantes

#78842 - 12/18/06 05:54 AM Re: Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
spalding4 Offline

Loc: england
Mdorantes why dont you post up your own review about the Pa800 and tell us what you really liked about it ? I would love to know from a users point of view . How does it compare to the PA1X ?

#78843 - 12/19/06 06:28 AM Re: Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
I got my PA 800 a week ago....I have been using it since in my gigs....it is a GREAT keyboard !! )

Manuel, I'm anxious to hear your comments about the new PA800. I have a PSR 3000 and am considering adding the PA800. I'd be interested in hearing how you use the 2 boards.( I know you upgraded to the Tyros2) Do you play them togther and mix/match voices and styles? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 12-19-2006).]

#78844 - 12/19/06 04:57 PM Re: Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
mdorantes Offline

Well, The tone generation is GREAT !!, the new trumpet section, new saxes, new strings and woodwinds are awsome, the Grand Piano is like nothing Korg made before, is very "roland" like...with nice diferent tones, from dark/mellow tones to bright but with body and non metallic-end-ring....very nice rich textures.
The PA 800 with lots of new styles are really usable for working musicians as well hobbiest, in ALL categories, and the previous styles that came from older models had been "touch" up in addition to the new tone generation, have a "fresher" sound.
The User interface, in my case that I had been using the PA 60 and at the music store the PA1Xs, it was no trouble to use it with no even an hour from the store to my gig when I got it last week.
The PA1Xs are really nice, but I need something that will give me a great sound and not to much weight to carry, that is why I did not get the PA1X, a little to heavy for me, but not because of the sounds, I really like it too.
My audiences notice the "new" styles and tones that I showcased, like the whistle, the mellow cornet (flugel horn like), the pianos, strings, etc... I just finish a CD recorded entirely in the T2, now, I am going to start one with my PA 800.
I use both keyboards (NOT midi), I use 2 expression pedals and each with it's own sustain pedal, I have balanced in my mixer both, and because the volume are very close in a board that I designed, I can control both at the same time, if I use a Style in the T2 in the bottom of my stand, I can use the lead in both, of course each with a diferent sound, and viceversa if I am using a PA800 style, use the diferent lead sounds on each board. I also have customized and load lots of styles in both keyboards in adition of the factory, to make it fast, I use the registrations/performances.
My set up is as follows:
Keyboard stand Roland V stand with 2 tears.
Yamaha Tyros2, Korg PA 800, Yamaha EMX 312sc, 2 EV ZX1s, Roland KCW1, with all the cables, pedals and cables need it to make it work, and my Rock and Roller card too.
I have another PA system for smaller jobs or for a big one, I combine both.
Today I sold my last PA 800 at the store, needless to say, we have order more.

#78845 - 12/19/06 05:35 PM Re: Is the PA800 going to be released until January 2007 ??
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Manuel:

Thank you for that informative review. I look forward to both your CDs.

Merry Christmas

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online