SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#786 - 06/14/05 05:34 AM G70 or PA1x
billh Offline

Loc: Chocowinity, NC
Time for me to upgrade and looking at both the Roland G70 and Korg PA1x. I currently have Roland Discover5 with Roland VK8M organ module but this setup lacks music styles. I play along with a sax so I have to provide all the background music as well as vocals. What's important to me is midi file modification and playback, clean good quality musics styles, excellent B3 organ, vocal harmony, good quality brass,piano and strings, basic recording, and quality workmanship - can't afford something that is not reliable. Suggestions and advice welcome, especially someone that may have already gone down this road. Also, let me know if I should include another keyboard. I'm in no rush and may wait until after the Summer NAMM to see what comes out of that show.

#787 - 07/14/05 10:38 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
g800miles Offline

Loc: UK
Over the years I've done a lot of this sort of work. Having just bought a G70, I would have thought this to be an excellent KB for the job although, I find the learning curve a bit steep.
The styles can be substantially altered if they don't quite suit and the voices have very reasonable facilities to edit them if the need arises.
I find the KB rather heavy and very heavy when bagged or boxed for gigging.
I moved away from Roland after having the G1000, I tried all the Yamaha top end KB's having finished up with the PSR9000Pro.
All the best and spend a lot of time in the 'shop' with the earphones on !!

Kindest regards derekmiles@ntlworld.com

#788 - 07/23/05 03:06 PM Re: G70 or PA1x
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by billh:
let me know if I should include another keyboard. I'm in no rush and may wait until after the Summer NAMM to see what comes out of that show.

Hi Bill,

First let me say that I work for Generalmusic USA. Both instruments you are looking at are quite good. But since you ask for suggestions of other brands, I would like to invite you to take a look at the GEM Genesys Pro. It is a similar instrument to the other two, but does have some unique features that may be of interest.

If you get a spare moment, please visit our website and view the online video demos of the Genesys to get a feel for what this instrument has to offer. By the way, I shot this video using the Genesys Ensemble designed for home use, but the portable version has the exact same features as the Ensemble. Click HERE to go directly to the Genesys Pro area. The video demo is available in one long (45 minute) streaming video in low and high resolution or below those links the video is broken down in sections so you can focus on the features that interest you without having to watch the entire video in one sitting.

If you have any questions about the Genesys Pro or any of our products, please feel free to contact me here or by dropping me an e-mail (in my profile) or by visiting the GEM Community forums (link below).

Best Regards and happy hunting!

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online