SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#7819 - 06/28/05 05:36 PM MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
vano Offline

Loc: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Hi to all!

I've been Mackiefan and customer for long years and when I first asked them for help they turned me back!!

I bought Mackie SA1521 speakers four years ago. My 15" woofers break down and I asked my local dealer to send me a new one. And then problem started.
They couldn't help me to repair my speaker becouse Mackie don't have the same 15" woofers anymore. Now they have different woofers in same SA1521 speakers.

They sent me new 15" woofers. When I put it in my speakers, it sounded bad becouse it isn't the same woofers.

They can't make the same woofer anymore!! They didn't apologize to anyone who have old version of Mackie powered speakers becouse they don't have any services to repair our old version speakers.

And after four years I can throw my speakers in the garbage.

I'm very dissapointed about this. My musician friends and I spent a lot of money for mackie products. I have it many now in my recording studio too, but I sell all of it now.

What is yours opinion??

#7820 - 06/28/05 09:00 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
I think they did the righjt thing about getting you new speakers, its not their fault that they dont make them anymore, keeping in mind it was 4 years ago. If they sound fairly decent i will concider buying them from you.

Phil@ride4painfilms.com

Phil

#7821 - 06/29/05 01:56 AM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
vano Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
I think they did the righjt thing about getting you new speakers, its not their fault that they dont make them anymore, keeping in mind it was 4 years ago. If they sound fairly decent i will concider buying them from you.

Phil@ride4painfilms.com

Phil

Mackie made some correction at the crossover section or at the amp section too. But they don't have any services to fix that at the old speakers.

I asked them to sent me electric material which is different in new speakers and they didn't help me.

What can I say, every time when comes a new version of speakers you must buy a new one!!

Phil if you are intrested for my speakers send email at vanco.todosovski@telemach.net.

#7822 - 06/29/05 04:55 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
One question raises it's head..
How the hell did you manage to blow the 15" woofer?

Mackie owned RCF (Italian speaker manufacturer) for a while, when RCF broke free, Mackie started using drivers from the far east, and as a result they are no where as good.
I would guess that you may well have a RCF driver. Might be worth asking them, they can only say no.

In future when is sounds as if your speaker cabs are about ready to let go, back off the volume!

(I bet he's a DJ - not happy unless the clip LED is glowing bright red to match the blue power LED)

#7823 - 07/01/05 06:50 AM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
vano Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheSonicEnergyAuthority:
[B]One question raises it's head..
How the hell did you manage to blow the 15" woofer?

Mackie owned RCF (Italian speaker manufacturer) for a while, when RCF broke free, Mackie started using drivers from the far east, and as a result they are no where as good.
I would guess that you may well have a RCF driver. Might be worth asking them, they can only say no.

In the club where we played music we had have problem with the electricity. Even today there is one power outlet withot grounding. But this speaker can be only fit into a grounding-type power outlet. We didn't have lucky. The horns playing normaly but woofers breaked down. Bad...

I've been in Italy. RCF company don't made this woofer anymore. In the otherhand Mackie don't care for their customers. They don't have any services for customers with this problem.

#7824 - 12/03/05 05:40 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
cyp770 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Sonicenergyauthority

I'm looking to get a pair of powered speakers to use at larger venues and would like your experience and expertise as to which are the best quality to go for ... preferably 15" speakers to get a fuller sound and more bass and power, but at least 12" (or maybe there's not much difference ... please advise on this also:-)

JBL
EV (sxa100 ...i think they are 12" but supposed to be good quality)
Mackie
DB
RCF
DAS

or perhaps you have another make which are better ... I appreciate and am open to any ideas...

Thanks!
cyp,
UK

#7825 - 12/03/05 07:07 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
I'm kind of surprised you'd be even trying to repair 4 year old speakers. To my experience most studio monitors are only good for about 2-3 years (I manage to keep mine around for 5) but after that they kind of start falling apart. So, it may be that special time to get new ones.

Can't say I'd expect a company like Mackie to keep spare parts for 4 year old models. They have to move on. I mean I'm sure they keep what they can but if they don't currently make something or there have been some changes to the design and parts used you can't really expect them to keep parts for each and every model they've ever built. Especially speakers.

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by 3351 (edited 12-03-2005).]

#7826 - 12/04/05 08:23 AM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Vano,

Maybe you can get Mackie to give you the specs of the driver (I'm talkin' the Thiele-Small parameters here) and you can find a close match at Parts Express.

The Parts Express

Good luck.

-mike

#7827 - 12/04/05 12:41 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Hey Mike, that is a good link.

-ED-

------------------
A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally.
- - - Oscar Wilde

#7828 - 12/04/05 08:44 PM Re: MACKIE COMPANY TURNED ME BACK!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I have a pair of 1521's still under warentee that you can buy for $1000. Perfect woofers and tweeters !

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online