Hey Everyone.

I'm ready to roll with the big boys. I've finally saved up $200 and am ready to buy a real sample CD without the compromise. I'm looking for a CD that has MULTISAMPLES (And only multisamples - Absolutely NO LOOPS where applicable) of Acoustic Drums and Funky Strat Guitars. The quality of the drums should be comparable to the SRX01 Dynamic Drum Board for the XV5080 developed by spectrasonics. The funky (strat, clean) guitars need to sound Prince/John Scofield/Late 70 - Early 80s like. There are some similar patches on the Roland SC880 Clean Guitar selection.

I'm NOT looking for LOOPS!!!! So CDs where the majority of the stuff are loops need not be suggested. I'm a musician and don't need someone else to make my music for me. I'd appreciate the help if possible. Spectrasonics' VINTAGE TIME TRAVELER looks like a good contender (with it's funky guitars and realistic vintage velocity switchable drums).

I'm really looking for the Roland format as the Akai Conversion utility on the S760 works, but isn't stellar. I'd really appreciate as much help from you all as possible. I've heard demos of certain things, but these are often void of any real applications and we usually don't hear patches soloed to see what they are capable of individually.

Thanks,
Harold

BTW - The LCDP-02 Guitar & Bass Sample CD ROM from Roland is a complete waste of money!!