SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74752 - 12/04/06 03:57 PM New decision to make, lol........
MuzikinVA Offline

Loc: Dryden, Virginia.....US
I had recently posted that I was looking for a Juno D or G. Well, I have ruled out the Juno D because I need the onboard sequencing capabilities that the Juno G offers, BUT, I have now run across the Fantom Xa... I am leaning towards the Fantom Xa, what do you people think? I am looking at cost here so remember that in your reply's and also I have owned the Psr3000 and got rid of it because I need realtime adjustment of effects that the Juno line and Fantom Xa offer.. All replys will be greatly appreciated, thanks..

#74753 - 12/05/06 09:25 AM Re: New decision to make, lol........
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
All I know is, is that modern roland gear like the ones you've mentioned arent built very well, and sound terrible.(well, not terrible, but limited fidelity.)

Have you thought of a kurzweil sampler with the vast engine? I'm not sure if all of them sequence, but I sequence everything on a macintosh from 1995 or an Sq-80, so there's ways to get around that.

However:
I played a Juno-G at a music store. I pushed the frequency of one of the oscillators past what it could actually render and put sample and hold on it, and layered that with a choir sound. It was absolutely wonderful. The high notes were ring modulating because of the foldback, and the choir sound was filthy. I thought it was excellent.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online