SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74693 - 04/29/03 06:13 AM non keyboard MIDI controllers
Anonymous
Unregistered

i am a trying to do an assignment for my course at uni and im having trouble finding usefull info on non k.board MIDI controllers.i have found some examples but i need some facts and generally as much good info i can find.do u know where i should be looking?? please help me,i dont really know much about this yet. thanks.

#74694 - 04/29/03 07:10 AM Re: non keyboard MIDI controllers
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Hi,

I can't help you directly but I think if you call Sweetwater Music 800 222 4700 and be right up front about needing a little info for school that they will point you in then right direction.

Jerry

#74695 - 04/30/03 06:21 AM Re: non keyboard MIDI controllers
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanx but im in england.ne sites on web u know of??

#74696 - 04/30/03 09:08 PM Re: non keyboard MIDI controllers
kaboombahchuck Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
www.sweetwater.com
Do a seach using midi controllers. There are midi controllers to match just about every musical instrument. I use a wind midi controller (yamaha WX5 ). "Electric" drum kits are midi controlers. Midi sequencers are midi controlers for people who play no instrument what so ever. www.synthony.com www.musiciansfriend.com
and so on......

[This message has been edited by kaboombahchuck (edited 04-30-2003).]

#74697 - 05/01/03 11:12 PM Re: non keyboard MIDI controllers
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
As well as wind and drum controllers, there are guitar controllers, such as the Roland GR units.
Computers are often midi controllers. If you can download a .mid file and play it on your computer, there is some kind of controller in there. Midi can also be used to sync machines together. Example, I can match my Lexicon effects unit bpm to the bpm of a song on my computer so that the echoes and delays and such play in time to my song. I can use midi to change effects midsong etc.

#74698 - 05/02/03 01:52 AM Re: non keyboard MIDI controllers
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Try the Synth Zone MIDI Controller links listing at http://www.synthzone.com/ctrlr.htm

That should provide lots of info on non-keyboard controllers.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online