SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74613 - 02/23/02 07:49 PM midi guitar
Danny L Offline

Loc: Branson Mo USA
I have a solton MS40. It says in the owners manual that instead of the organ pedals that i use now i could use a midi guitar. Does anyone know how this would work? Would the guitar change chords the same as the organ pedals? Also if this does work does anyone know how to get a hold of this type of guitar? Does anyone out there use this type of setup? I'd appreciate any response to this

#74614 - 03/25/02 12:37 AM Re: midi guitar
dwrudder Offline

Loc: phx,AZ. usa
Danny,I can't tell you about syncing with organ pedals,but as far as midi guitars go,you have alot of choices.Yamaha makes a midi guitar that is supossed to be da stuff.Then again there are others out there that make midi guitars as well,go to your local insterment retailer and see what they have to offer and try a few out.If you already have a guitar,just about all the synth and keyboard manifatures make a midi pickup that attatches to you guitar and then goes to a midi controller.Like I said,go out and try some out for your self,and always ask questions until you get the answers you want.Good luck

#74615 - 04/17/02 11:24 PM Re: midi guitar
GARY MURWAY Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Yes....I use an RA-95 and have been looking into solton.
Quote:
Originally posted by Danny L:
I have a solton MS40. It says in the owners manual that instead of the organ pedals that i use now i could use a midi guitar. Does anyone know how this would work? Would the guitar change chords the same as the organ pedals? Also if this does work does anyone know how to get a hold of this type of guitar? Does anyone out there use this type of setup? I'd appreciate any response to this

------------------

#74616 - 04/27/02 11:53 PM Re: midi guitar
Anonymous
Unregistered

You would need a guitar equipped with a MIDI pickup, and a MIDI interface that would connect to the Solton. This is about a $900.00 investment.Shop around. Would it change the chords in the Solton? One way would be if the chord changes were being effected by MIDI messeages. Your manual should have a MIDI Implementatio sheet at the end and give that information. Then, does the MIDI guitar/interface you get send those messeages out....Do you play guitar? Otherwise, maybe a cheapo MIDI keyboard might do the trick for about a 100 bucks. If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at rsyn707@aol.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online