SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74270 - 10/19/05 12:33 PM Yamaha DX27
Anonymous
Unregistered

I teach a middle school music technology class and we have an old Yamaha DX27s that we use. We had to have the battery changed and lost all of the original preset patches. Does anyone know where we can go to restore those original presets?? The Yamaha service techs said they don't have them anymore and recommended this website. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
MusicTechTchr

#74271 - 10/19/05 02:55 PM Re: Yamaha DX27
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

#74272 - 10/19/05 03:59 PM Re: Yamaha DX27
quietDIN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MusicTechTchr:
I teach a middle school music technology class and we have an old Yamaha DX27s that we use. We had to have the battery changed and lost all of the original preset patches. Does anyone know where we can go to restore those original presets?? The Yamaha service techs said they don't have them anymore and recommended this website. Any help would be appreciated.

Your experience doesn't seem to correlate with either my recollection of the DX27 or what I found in the owner's manual. The DX27 has its factory preset voices in ROM (Read Only Memory), and they can't be lost by replacing the battery; that's the reason they aren't otherwise available.

Perhaps a factory reset wasn't done after the battery was replaced. The procedure for doing that can be found at: http://www.yamaha.com/ yamahavgn/CDA/Kno...ectAreas=401210

For numerous patches that will work with a DX27, see: http://www.xs4all.nl/~spilraum/burp/dx/patches/patches.htm

I hope that helps. By the way, if you don't have the manual, I can probably provide a link for downloading a PDF file of it. Let me know if you need that link or further information.

--Barry

[This message has been edited by quietDIN (edited 10-21-2005).]

#74273 - 10/21/05 10:45 AM Re: Yamaha DX27
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your replies. I did the reset and all the sounds have been restored!! I don't know why the techs at Yamaha did not recommend this solution.
Again, thank you very much.

------------------
MusicTechTchr

#74274 - 10/21/05 04:48 PM Re: Yamaha DX27
quietDIN Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MusicTechTchr:
Thank you for your replies. I did the reset and all the sounds have been restored!!
You're very welcome, I'm glad to have helped.

Quote:
I don't know why the techs at Yamaha did not recommend this solution.
Perhaps because they work with so many different models, they forget which of them have ROM-based patches.

--Barry

[This message has been edited by quietDIN (edited 10-21-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online