I'm a music store owner in Southern California and I have a question for all PSR9000 owners who use a hard drive.
I looked in the owners manual but it was not clear at all about copying from the floppy drive to the hard drive and then playing songs directly from the hard drive. In the old PSR 8000 after you copied songs to the hard drive all you did was push the song select button and change from floppy to hard drive directories and then choose the song and play it. Now, when I choose song I through V, and I don't have a floppy installed, the screen just says disk not ready and I can't find where to select the hard drive directory that I copied a song disk into. Can anyone help explain what the steps are. I will call Yamaha on Monday morning if I can't figure it out.
Also, I am using a toshiba 1.3 gig hard drive that was sold by Yamaha for the PSR 8000. It formated fine so I think it should work. When I copied from floppy to hard drive, it showed the copy procedure and then said completed so I do believe I got it ok. I think the Manual is the worst I've seen in years.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)