Greetings,

I have a problem with the auto-accompaniment feature on my Yamaha PSR-530 keyboard. I've had this keyboard for years, but only used it as a MIDI keyboard till now so I was never aware of this problem. I am using the 6/8 rock ballad style (#23) and am trying to get the auto-accompaniment to play based ONLY on notes in the chords I am playing. As per the manual, in the Single Finger mode, when I play an F, I expect to hear accompaniment based only upon the F major chord, F-A-C, but the keyboard insists on throwing in notes such as G and D into the chord.

In the Full Keyboard mode, when I play F-A-C, the accompaniment I hear is just what I want - based only upon those notes. However, when I go to record, guess what -- when I play it back, the notes it was throwing in the other fingering modes somehow are there when I go to play it back.

This is quite perplexing to me, and it's driving me crazy because for the song I am playing the extra notes sound simply dreadful. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Martin Goldman