The P.80 of Yamaha recently arrived in Israel, and after all I read on the internet here and elswhere I went to check it out with intention to buy.
Although I had fallen in love with Rolands KR 575, I could not afford it at the momment, and I felt that if the p80 was anything close to it-for piano, and at less than a quarter of the price, that would be good for the forseeable future. But-the price in Israel is almost $1600, and it seems nowhere near the tone and/or touch of the kr575 of Roland.
The keyboard-I beleive- is too stiff, and the higher notes, too jingly and undefined, resembling a cheap accoustic piano, and the low notes too electronic. So I can't understand why everyone thinks so highly of it. It MAY be slightly more worthwile than a similarly priced Roland-only just. But a far cry from kr575 in tone and touch. I'm not speaking about portability or other things.
Does anyone know if Rolands sp.15 is closer in quality to kr575?
But I like the harpsichord of the p.80.
It's not too accoustic-like a harpsichord should be. I think the Roland harpsichords are too accoustic. There's no need for it. The old music wasn't written for that type of accoustics. It's was written expressly not for that.
All replies welcome.
Thank you!
Stuart Taylor