SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73455 - 07/21/03 06:03 PM ANY HELP on V50 PLEASE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can anyone help me with V50 sound patches?
I have sound patches from other web sites and when I load them onto a floppy from my PC the synth doesn't seem to be able to read them.The drive works OK as I can load data from the V50 to the disk and read it OK.
Is it the format that the patches are stored as? Most have an .v07 ,.v08 etc.... extension on them,
PLEASE, ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

#73456 - 07/21/03 08:34 PM Re: ANY HELP on V50 PLEASE!!!
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Unless I'm missing something , or misunderstand you , you can't just save downloaded patches to a disk from you're PC . The V-50 can't read it , it's not in a format that the V-50 can understand . You must have a patch editor ( editing software for the PC and V-50 ) , load the patches into the V-50 and then save them to disk on the V-50 . The V-50 will format the disk in it's own proprietary information that only it can read . The patches must be in the editing software and sent via midi to the V-50 ( it's not sending actual sounds but controller info to the voice architecture to set them to the sounds ) . Then save them on the V-50 .

#73457 - 07/23/03 12:37 AM Re: ANY HELP on V50 PLEASE!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks 800dv,
But I guess what I'm really having trouble with is how to get .V01 ~ .V** files into .syx format so the synth can recognise them ,Can this be done?
It seems to be OK with .V50 performance patches .
Again thanks for the reply.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online