SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73306 - 06/19/00 11:18 AM Yamaha PSR500
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to save (and restore of course) my page memories from a Yamaha PSR500 in a computer IBM PC compatible with Windows 98 and a Midi connection. Do you know any program to reach that purpose? I have tested
some programs under DOS plataform with really bad results (including the program offered in this site), also I have tried to used MIDI-OX but I can't configure in a correct way?

#73307 - 06/19/00 08:09 PM Re: Yamaha PSR500
Laser Ed Offline

I also have a PSR-500 and it took a while to find a program on my Amiga which would allow me to dump page memories. I haven't looked for one on my Windows machine yet, but this little bit of info might help.

Whatever program you find will need to be able to accept Sysex bulk dumps of 96k in length. One of the problems I had with finding a Sysex bulk dump program was that a lot of the public domain ones didn't want to accept a dump that big. But I finally found one that did for the Amiga.

If you find a program for Windows that works, let me know too!

Thanks

Ed

Quote:
Originally posted by gjg500:
I want to save (and restore of course) my page memories from a Yamaha PSR500 in a computer IBM PC compatible with Windows 98 and a Midi connection. Do you know any program to reach that purpose? I have tested
some programs under DOS plataform with really bad results (including the program offered in this site), also I have tried to used MIDI-OX but I can't configure in a correct way?

[This message has been edited by Laser Ed (edited 06-19-2000).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online