SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73300 - 09/03/01 06:14 PM PSR740: will sound on very quick key release!!!
Lothlorien Offline

Loc: New York
Hello there. I have this weird observation. I own a new PSR740. Some key will make a sound when quickly released. Others don't. Is this something serious??? Please explain...and others...do try it in your own keyboard.

#73301 - 09/04/01 08:53 PM Re: PSR740: will sound on very quick key release!!!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Lothlorien,
What kind of a sound is it? Is it a tone or is it a rattle or thud noise?
Some of my keys got so they would rattle when
you slid your finger off them and released them sharply. With the sound shut clear off when you slide your finger off a key you should hear a lite thud of the key coming back again a mat. If its a rattle it's plastic again plastic! This is probably not the sound your hearing, but I tried anyway.
Kind Regards,
Nobby

------------------

#73302 - 09/06/01 04:12 PM Re: PSR740: will sound on very quick key release!!!
Lothlorien Offline

Loc: New York
Hello!

The sound produced has the same pitch and voice with the key being pressed.It's not plastic against plastic for sure. It's like, the key is being pressed for the second time when you quickly release it by sliding your finger :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lothlorien:

Hello there. I have this weird observation. I own a new PSR740. Some key will make a sound when quickly released. Others don't. Is this something serious??? Please explain...and others...do try it in your own keyboard.

#73303 - 09/10/01 05:14 PM Re: PSR740: will sound on very quick key release!!!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello,

I did not hear the sound myself. So maybe you should have your dealer look at the keyboard.

#73304 - 10/23/01 08:52 AM Re: PSR740: will sound on very quick key release!!!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Yes this "problem" is common, though its only the key springs vibrating. More to the point, why do you play the keys in such a way to achieve this effect? Certainly if I slid my finger down a key then allowed it to spring back, it would make a noise... but I cannot think why I would want to do that!!

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online