SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73264 - 11/29/00 05:50 PM Yamaha PSR-730 to Band-in-a-Box Pro 8/Powertracks Pro 3.5 help request
gabor Offline

Loc: Midhurst, Ontario, Canada
Hi guys,

I started using my Yamaha PSR-730 keyboard a year or so ago, I progress, but 'miles still
to go!

I mainly improvise kind of jazz-pop-rock-traditional. I recorded
lots of midi files on floppies, but I'd like to use my music programs (PowerTracks Pro 3.5 & Band-in-a-Box Pro 8) but don't have any experience PC-ing my songs, so I can correct notes, chords, kinda fancying it up.

I'd appreciate if any of you could give me some guidance.

Thanks in advance,

Gabor

#73265 - 11/30/00 04:04 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-730 to Band-in-a-Box Pro 8/Powertracks Pro 3.5 help request
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello.........I have the latest versions of both Powertracks and Band in a box. I started using both these great programs last year, and am better with BIAB than PowerTracks. Not knowing much about either program, I found that I learned the most from the instructional videos that came with the programs. Each short video acts as a tutorial and covers a general topic about each program. Examples are in realtime and very informational. I remember the manuals were a little confusing. These videos use your Windows media player to view them. I don't know how much these would help you with your older versions of these excellent programs, but they are available for free download at PGmusic. There were some demo videos for older versions too. Check em out.......Good luck Here's the links:
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbpowerg.htm
http://www.pgmusic.com/avi/pt/ptpowerg.htm

#73266 - 12/03/00 12:04 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-730 to Band-in-a-Box Pro 8/Powertracks Pro 3.5 help request
gabor Offline

Loc: Midhurst, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Rattley, hope it'll work with my older versions as well. Don't really see a reason to upgrade to the latest versions of Band-in-the-Box and PowerTracks.
Happy keyboarding,
Gabor.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online