SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73183 - 12/06/99 04:20 PM Yamaha PSR 340 Keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if anyone could give me any information on the quality of the sound of the Yamaha PSR 340 and would anyone know if I could use my Yamaha MU 10 with this keyboard and what cables I would need, any help on these subjects I would be very grateful.
Many Thanks
Vernon.

#73184 - 12/07/99 03:43 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 340 Keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Vernon,
I am a Yamaha dealer in southern California and I am very familiar with the PSR 340. The sound engine is the same as the PSR270, which is a general midi set up not the XG sound set found in the PSR540,640 and 740. However, for the price, the sounds are very good and the effects are also very good. You will notice that the panel voices are better than the GM voices and this is because they have given these sounds more effects and attention. The GM voices have to sound similar to all the other brands of keyboards. The disk drive is also a nice feature if you like to play songs, or if you like to record songs and have a place to store them. I have to admit, I don't know what an MU10 is. I know what an MU5 and newer MU15 is, but I don't know what an MU10 is. If it is a tone generator, you can hook it up with just one midi cable from the PSR 340 midi out to the MU's midi in, then play the sounds in the module or have the styles play the sounds in the module. I hope this helps. You can give me more info on the MU10 and maybe my memory will get jogged enough to remember this one.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#73185 - 12/07/99 07:59 AM Re: Yamaha PSR 340 Keyboard
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi There George
Thanks very much for your help I'm going to purchase the keyboard today.
You were asking about the MU 10 it's a external tone generator that yamaha brought out about two years ago it's XG and full of great sounds at the moment I have it conected to my computer but I know it can be conected direct to a keyboard for gigs.
I'll also purchase today what you suggested a midi cable and tonight I'll try to conect the whole system together and hope for the best.
Any further help you could give me I would be very grateful for.
Many Many Thanks
Vernon.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online