SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73142 - 02/05/01 09:05 AM DX EP on newer sound module.
danb Offline

I noticed that the EP sounds on some PSR keyboards have a DX7's Electric piano sound characteristics with all the effects. I'm not familiar with all Yamaha keyboard and modules. I just want to know if Yamaha uses the same Electric piano (not the rhodes sound) sample on all of its digital musical instrument.

The reason why I asked this is, I used to have a DX7s. I really love the sound of its Electric piano. Actually that's the only sound I always use from that classic synth. I'm thinking about adding another sound module to my set up particularly Yamaha and I'm searching for that sound. I do have Roland, Korg, Alesis but nothing can match the sound of DX electric piano. I do have CS1x but the Dx sound is not as closed as the real one. I heard the sound of EP from the PSR-GX76 and is far better than my CS1x.
If anybody can shed me some light on which sound module have this feature I'll be very happy.

Does all PSR have the same sample as the GX76? I really like the sound of EP from the PSR-Gx76 but I don't like the whole thing. I'm considering buying a used TX802 but It's old and heavy

Thanks,
Dan

#73143 - 02/06/01 04:00 PM Re: DX EP on newer sound module.
bigfaceboy Offline

Loc: Chuangchun, Jilin, China
why not try the new FS1R? it's a real FM sound module. 8 operators, 88 algorithms, 32 note polyphony 4 multi-timbres and a unique Fseq. FS1R can even speak!

visit their web site for further infomation: http://www.yamahasynth.com/pro/fs1r/index.html

[This message has been edited by bigfaceboy (edited 02-06-2001).]

#73144 - 02/06/01 04:26 PM Re: DX EP on newer sound module.
danb Offline

Thanks for your reply. What I need is just a stereo sampled of the dx7 electric piano with effects.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online