SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#72817 - 11/16/00 04:11 PM Re: is PSR-740 a good keyboard?
superedd Offline

Loc: mexico df
HEY FRIENDS I APPRAISE YOUR COMENTS BUT IS THERE SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL ME THE PERFORMANCE OF THE VOICES OR IF THE SECUENCER IS EASY TO USE OR SOMETHING THAT TELL ME IF THE 740 IS A GOOD INOUGH FOR THE PRICE?
I KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER BRANDS AN MODELS BUT IN MY COUNTRY (MEXICO) THERE IS NO MUCH OPTIONS, HERE WE CAN FIND ROLAND BUT ITīS VERY EXPENSIVE. THANKS ALOT

#72818 - 11/16/00 06:23 PM Re: is PSR-740 a good keyboard?
KeyboardFreak Offline

Sorry Uncle Dave.... I was just trying to let Edd know that there are competitors to the PSR-740 out there. I don't think I put any subjective, opinion-based comments in my post about the MZ-2000..... no matter if I've used it or not, it still has 64 polyphony, an arpeggiator, etc. And the second part I quoted directly from www.musiciansfriend.com

As for the comments I made about the PSR-740 being easier for Edd than the Roland synths.... I figured that since he owns an earlier PSR the operation of the new one will be very similar, and he will spend less time figuring out the sequencer and other functions and more time making music.

I'm not trying to trick anyone into thinking I have experience with these keyboards..... I put it straight up "I haven't used either of them" I think I am pretty much keeping to the facts.... such as the polyphony, accompaniment, etc. I really don't think anything I put down is "made up" as you said.

Still.... you're right, I will try to refrain from uninformed comments..... I think your arguement can go the other way though....... maybe if some of the people on here who can give "informed opinions" would give them, none of us "experts" would "make up stuff" I'm not talking to anyone in particular, just wishing people who have an opinion or view would share it. Sorry again....

------------------
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

#72819 - 11/16/00 10:04 PM Re: is PSR-740 a good keyboard?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
KeyboardFreak,
You are indeed a polite and genuine individual. I did not mean to put you down in a bad way, so forgive me if I offended you. That was NOT my intent. I just think that many who post here just read spec sheets and then comment on the numbers. This is a terrible way to judge an instrument. I read alot too, but anything I share with the population is always from "hands on" experience. I play alot of gear and I love to share my findings with onyone who'll listen. Again, I respect your views, and did not mean to insult you in any way. Your reply was most appreciated.

#72820 - 11/17/00 10:51 PM Re: is PSR-740 a good keyboard?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Superedd,
Go to this location. http://home7.inet.tele.dk/is/musik/740pages
A lot of Info here.
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 11-17-2000).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online