SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72778 - 08/01/99 12:31 PM Using PSR-195 and Cakewalk Guitar Studio
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a guitar player by trade, not a synth player, so please bear with me on this basic question...I've just a bought a very cheap MIDI compatible keyboard (PSR-195) and have everything hooked up properly to my Gateway PC (I think). The problem is, when I play a number of notes together at the same time, or when I hit a particular note rapidly several times in succession, the note will either continue to play after the key is no longer being depressed or the software will generate an unexpected sound (sort of like a jingling or something). I can't tell if it's actually an instrument or not. Anyway, there is absolutely nothing of value in the PSR-195 manual about using MIDI.

The software I would like to use the keyboard with is the Cakewalk Guitar Studio. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Thanks from a complete novice.

#72779 - 08/08/99 09:33 PM Re: Using PSR-195 and Cakewalk Guitar Studio
Dave Morris Offline

Loc: Sunbury-on-Thames, Middlesex, ...
Well I'm not sure about Cakewalk Guitar Studio but I suspect it's like any midi sequencer but with guitar based notation and editing features and that sounds great.

Yamaha manual's are notoriously rubbish for getting the most out of your instrument.

try experimenting with the tempo, slowing it down to half speed.

put your 7 notes in and bare in mind the duration of each note. now play and see if it's the same problem even at this speed.

Ok now adjust the tempo back to normal speed, say 120bpm (beats per minute) and play again and see if that works.

Quantization is something to look into maybe..

Sorry no real answers there..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online