SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72753 - 03/21/99 10:41 PM Help w/ DJX
Mus5t0ang Offline

Loc: Derby, CT USA
Can someone help me out here with this DJX I just bought. I have tried using Cakewalk, Cubase, WinJammer, pretty much anything I can think of. Cubase I can't even get to work. Anyway, I would like to be able to use the Extended Instruments. Hopefully with WinJammer. Can ANYONE Help me?

#72754 - 03/24/99 07:25 AM Re: Help w/ DJX
Uffe Offline

Loc: Sollentuna,Sweden
Hi !
I use my DJX with Cubase AV.
If you mean voices outside standard GM when you say Extended Instruments just enter the
MSB/LSB number in Bank and the voicenumber from the manualpage for the DJX in Program and send it to the DJX.
The formula is (MSB*128+LSB) and VoiceNumber+1 and off you go.

Regards

Uffe

#72755 - 03/24/99 08:18 AM Re: Help w/ DJX
Mus5t0ang Offline

Thank you. I got the midi to work w/ the extended. But now it seems like some of the instruments are delayed. They don't play right on the beat(or off the beat).. even when they are in the same Track. Is there a limit to the ammount of notes you can have? I'm wiriting it at 142BPM... ?

#72756 - 03/25/99 11:53 AM Re: Help w/ DJX
Uffe Offline

Loc: Sollentuna,Sweden
I havent had any problems with any of the MIDI-files I loaded from the net which has a lot ( and I mean a lot) of notes on the same track. I have Local Off on the DJX (Function 80something) and MIDI Thru in AV. I hope the notes are "On" beat in the track check if Quantize function in AV helps. You can always undo a quantize. Im just a beginner myself so its a lot of fiddling around still.
But eventually I will get the hang of it.
Regards
Uffe
PS
Have you checked
http://blue.icestorm.com/dancemusic/cubase.html
has some nice stuff
DS

#72757 - 03/25/99 02:04 PM Re: Help w/ DJX
Mus5t0ang Offline

Yea I have checked that site... I'v just been having little problems here ad there... Nothing MAJOR... but things I'd like tof igure out... I guess I'll just keep screwing around... thanks for your help...
Brian...

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online