SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72448 - 12/30/01 11:44 AM purchase of psr 280, midi and connection questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

hi all,

i am a beginner and i am considering buying a psr-280 at $200. here are my questions:

1. i learnt from the official site that this 61-key touch sensitive keyboard is compatible to general midi. is it a good choice for me doing some sample-based music with cakewalk's sonar?

2. basically what i need is a hardware which serves as a midi input (the controller) and a sound module. does this keyboard work well in these two areas?

3. i visited my local dealer shop and actually tried this model. i found there are two panels of sound, the yamaha's awe set and the general midi set. the former sounds much better than the GM set. so what i want to know is that, is it possible to call out yamaha's better panel, in addition to the GM set, by doing this configuration:

psr midi out -> sound card midi in
sound card midi out -> psr midi in
psr phono out -> sound mic in

i am not that "pro" and the above might be a bit confusing but please give me some advice.

wesley

#72449 - 01/03/02 07:02 AM Re: purchase of psr 280, midi and connection questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh still no reply.

to put it simple, my question is, can this machine call out all the voices (including the yamaha factory set and the GM set) it has after the midi signals are processed in the computer?

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online