SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#72083 - 10/03/00 03:51 PM djx-1 or djx-2
morpheus Offline

Loc: frrwtew
i have the money to buy eather. im not planning on doing live stuff mainly just fooling around with my friends.althought i will be doin some pro stuff to.

so which 1?

Morpheus

#72084 - 10/04/00 10:37 AM Re: djx-1 or djx-2
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
What do you want to use it for?

What kind of style of music you play?

Do you care about classical instrument sounds such as: acoustic piano, violins, acoustic guitars... and so on?

#72085 - 10/04/00 06:06 PM Re: djx-1 or djx-2
morpheus Offline

me and my friends just hangout and jam.

im not realy sure wat kinda music i will be gettin into. right now just techno but i hope to advance to rap and anything else.

no i dont care bout classical instruments.
morpheus

#72086 - 10/04/00 06:08 PM Re: djx-1 or djx-2
morpheus Offline

oh and i want to be able to conect to computer and sound system and turntable hopefully

#72087 - 10/05/00 04:56 AM Re: djx-1 or djx-2
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Sounds like the original DJX is a good place to start for you. THere must be a bunch for sale at under $200 right now.

#72088 - 10/08/00 10:28 PM Re: djx-1 or djx-2
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have now had the time to review all there DJX's.

I think the DJX-1 is best for more advanced players and hip-hop musicians.

The djx-II is unique from the djx-1. Although it lacks many of the features of the djx-1 It was obviously made for a different generation of style. Mainly geared towards the techno musician. It's an interesting standalone keyboard that could be used in a midi setup chain as long as it is the last keyboard or device in the chain. this is because it's midi out is only for bulk dumps. It doesn't have a pitch bend, but incorporates a unique ribbon set-up which is different from the djx-1. I enjoyed the djx-2's ribbon controller which allows for live scratching which is not easily available to the djx-1 user except as a voice. The overall layout of the keyboard was easy to use once you got the hang of it. I did find that the voices are not as good on the djx-2 as on the djx-1. Also, the patterns kept jumping in the way when I was setting up voices.

The djx-2b is again uniquely different from both the djx-1 and djx-2. I found it more suitable for the "lone-DJ". I don't believe it would be good in a live professional setting unless the patterns built into it were used as the main rythem. It's turn table which looks like a CD, were easy to use and with a little practice most anyone could sound like a scratching dj. It took a little while to figure out how to change the patterns and voices since I was doing a live demo without the manual. I never liked manuals very much anyway. As with the djx-2, I think the djx-2 could be best used in a dance, house or club style music environment.

Which djx is better depends soley on how you intend to use them. I take back my previous comments of the past and give a thumbs up to all three keyboards. For someone like myself however which is a more advanced keyboard who doesn't mind getting his hands dirty in experimentation and original creativity, I reccommend the djx-1.
As of 10/7/00 the djx-1 at the Guitar Center in Covina California cost $199.00
The djx-2 and 2b were being sold for $279.00

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online