SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71834 - 05/29/03 08:24 AM Plg150PF
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Anyone use this plug-in board or have ane experience with it. I'm considering getting one for my S80.

any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

<><
Bob

#71835 - 05/29/03 01:35 PM Re: Plg150PF
supermanrulez Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
The PLG 150 is a decent card. I'm not sure about the pianos and Ep's on the S80, but I can tell you the sounds on the PLG 150 are not as good as the standard pianos and EP's found on the S90/Motif. Most people who have heard or own the PLG 150 and a motif/S90 feel this way. There is a thread in the forums at http://www.sninety.com that discusses this as well as the other Plug in cards.

Chris

#71836 - 05/30/03 08:19 AM Re: Plg150PF
RW Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Thanks Chris,

I really do like the EP's on the S80. I find absolutely nothing wrong with them. The main piano sound (A01), is a tad bright for my taste, but not bad. I'll soon try to tweak it. The S90's main piano is better. A little warmer and a little darker with very nice sustain drop off.

I've read some of those posts in the sninety forums. Thanks. Wow. Looks like the only advantage for me getting the plug-in 150-PF would be the added polyphony. It is apparently only marginally better than the S80. I could use the normal S80 sound engine for sequences and still have my 64 available for playing the plug-in. The S90's triple strike or S700, whatever it is called (I believe it's sound A01), to me is the best piano sound I've heard on a synth. The S90 is my all-time favorite board. I just couldn't muster the dough to get one, nor could I justify spending that even if I did scratch up the dough. I'm just an ametuer who loves to play. I have to keep my home studio and equiptment within relative reason.

Anywho, thanks again for your input.

<><
Bob

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online