SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#71136 - 04/05/05 07:33 PM Clavinova .....help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi
My keyboard (Clavinova clp360... about 15 years old) has been accidentally transposed permanently one tone lower than concert pitch. I managed to transpose it back, but each time I turn it off, it reverts back to one tone lower.
I am sure there is an easy way, I just don't know what it is!!!

Hope someone out there can help
Please?

Vivien

#71137 - 04/06/05 01:27 AM Re: Clavinova .....help!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The CLP 360 always defaults to what it thinks is normal pitch on powerup, there is no way to save a default transposition. The problem really is that it even needs to be transposed to be tuned correctly. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do other than having it fixed or retuning it each time you power on.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-06-2005).]

#71138 - 04/06/05 05:55 AM Re: Clavinova .....help!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you for your answer Nigel...but it's been the right pitch for 15 years, then just in last few months it changed. Doesn't that mean it can be changed. Unfortunatley a 9 year old guest did it, and I don't think he would remember how he did it.
Vivien

Quote:
Originally posted by viviens:
Hi
My keyboard (Clavinova clp360... about 15 years old) has been accidentally transposed permanently one tone lower than concert pitch. I managed to transpose it back, but each time I turn it off, it reverts back to one tone lower.
I am sure there is an easy way, I just don't know what it is!!!

Hope someone out there can help
Please?

Vivien

#71139 - 04/07/05 12:51 AM Re: Clavinova .....help!!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
When I looked through the manual it didn't look like any settings were saved and were just set to defaults on powerup.

You can do a pitch reset to normal by holding down the A1-A#1-B1 keys press any key between C3-B3 and release the A1-A#1-B1 keys. That should reset to standard pitch but it didn't look like that was a setting that would be retained when power was off. But you can try anyway.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online