SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#70603 - 10/06/10 02:25 PM The newest Tyros child
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Have you heard it: www.music-tyros.com?

I have heard this keyboard and tomorrow or Friday I will try it out myself. Amazingly realistic violin, sopran sax, Fender telecaster, etc.

------------------

#70604 - 10/08/10 04:30 PM Re: The newest Tyros child
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Fred,

I've listened/watched the demonstration videos Yamaha have put out and although my PC speakers are very small, I was impressed with most of what I heard. There has certainly been some changes but whether they are for better or worse I cannot say.

According to the Keyboard Cavalcade's write-up on the T4 and the specifications I've down-loaded, there doesn't appear to be much difference, but I cannot make a fair comment until I've had a chance to play it. The few shops in our area don't appear to have it in stock - which is very strange after all the 'hype'

"Watch this space" as the saying goes.

Audrey

#70605 - 10/09/10 07:15 AM Re: The newest Tyros child
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi Audrey,

As soon as I can get an mp3 or so I will send it over. I heard from several people having a Tyros2 or 3 that this upgrade is bigger difference between Tyros 3 and 4 than between Tyros 2 and 3. Well, if you like ConcertPiano sound there is a big difference!. Today we compared the T3 with T4: playing on both side by side. The Concert piano in T4 is integrated from the largest CLP pianos, 5-level deep sampling. And the violins and RealStrings are also very realistic. Never heard better sampling before.

------------------

#70606 - 10/09/10 07:36 AM Re: The newest Tyros child
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Apart from Technics keyboards, of course...

#70607 - 10/09/10 08:45 AM Re: The newest Tyros child
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
I may be out of order here and certainly don't wish to offend anyone, but I do wish people would not promote other manufacturers products on our Technics site.

We are all fully aware other manufacturers produce very good keyboards and as such are free to visit their website or user forums for information on their products.

Can we please keep this forum for sharing information on Technics Musical Instruments and not promoting non Technics products.

Thank you

Glen

#70608 - 10/09/10 08:56 AM Re: The newest Tyros child
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi Your right This forum its for Technics players And just to telle you I had a Tyros3 for 1 year and I came back to the powerfull KN7000 for many reasons and just to tell you check the inside of th Tyros and KN7000 you will see abig diffirent I am speaking about quality and the kn7000 its the most quality and powerfull thats why that the kn7000 is heavy and durable

#70609 - 10/09/10 05:20 PM Re: The newest Tyros child
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Fred, thanks for sharing your opinions about your keyboard. I for one feel that being exposed to a Yamaha keyboard has taught me a great deal. It has broadened my knowledge of keyboards in general.

And ---- It also taught me to love and appreciate my Kn7000.

Thanks again Fred, John C.

#70610 - 10/10/10 09:42 AM Re: The newest Tyros child
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen Coyne:
..... but I do wish people would not promote other manufacturers products on our Technics site.......

Hi.

I don't see any problem in mention other keyboards at the Technics forum as long as it
is not ment as pure advertising or to spam the treads.
As we all know, Technics is no longer in business as keyboard manufacturer. While the
years passes by, other brands are going to acquire a better quality level and both add
and include features and options that Technics users already are spoiled with or wish
they could have in the future.

Better have some comments about other brands and a "still going strong" Technics forum
that also admit comparing other brands and new stuff rather than a "dead" forum like i.e.
the emty SZ Yamaha and Roland fora. All comments about that brands are now to read at SZ
Gen Arr Forum.

Cheers & Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#70611 - 10/10/10 03:54 PM Re: The newest Tyros child
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I agree with John C. Having the Tyros 3 has made me realise just what a 'masterpiece' the KN7000 is in comparison. After all the 'hype' on the Tyros 3, I felt a bit let down as it isn't nearly as 'User Friendly' as the KN7. As far as I'm concerned the only real thing the Tyros 3 has got going for it, is the sound system which I readily admit is really good. However, when I run the KN7 through my Stagepas 300 system, you can barely tell the difference. In fact I've always thought that if the KN7 used three voices in the right hand (as does the T3) there would be no 'competition'.

As for mentioning other makes of instruments on this Forum, you might be interested to know that I also visit the Yamaha Forum and the Technics KN7000 is frequently mentioned on there for various reasons. As GJ says, so long as it just a 'passing comment' and not 'sales patter' I don't see that it can do any real harm.

Fred! I look forward to that MP3 - thanks in advance.

Audrey

#70612 - 10/16/10 04:10 PM Re: The newest Tyros child
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
I agree with Gunnar Jonny, Audrey etc. I don't often post on here but really enjoy popping in to see what everyone has to say. I can't afford a Kn7000 and it's also too heavy for me(I have 6500 and do a lot of sequencing on it as well as playing). Let's keep up the enthusiasm for fresh ideas and participation. Many of the members have really contributed to my knowledge and enjoyment and are such helpful people. It's refreshing to see such enquiring minds. I think it is perfectly acceptable and interesting to talk about the new Tyros occasionally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online