SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70350 - 07/09/10 04:36 PM Re: Use of SD Cards
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I also use much the same method as Bill, but I hadn't thought of pre-loading whilst waiting for the 'ending' to finish. It's a good idea though.

Thanks Bill.

Audrey

#70351 - 07/09/10 05:28 PM Re: Use of SD Cards
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
1-I enjoy having 5 banks with 8 panel memories with instrument set up.

What do you need them for? Do you use more than 24 voicing and rhythm changes in a single song?

2-The 4 sounds from the music arranger are not enough. Setting 8 memories for a song is good but with tongue-in-cheek I feel it is confining

I haven’t the slightest idea what you mean by this, John . . .

3-When I use the panel memory in extended I lose the above.

I know of no reason for this to be true . . .

4-So I thought that when I loaded from the favorite I would have the style the 4 OT settings and my panel memories, but something in the favorites is changing the panel memory from normal to extended

When you load from SD in any way, assuming the default files are there, the panel memories will be set to the condition they were in at the time the file was saved. So, if they were in extended mode at the time they were saved, that’s the way they will be when you load the file. I haven’t the slightest idea why you feel you need the panel memories in the non-extended mode. Loading from the Favorites menu is no different than loading from SD in any other way, such as the Load menu. The Favorites list of songs are just shortcuts to the SD memory location for the file, just like you have shortcuts on your computer desktop.

#70352 - 07/09/10 08:11 PM Re: Use of SD Cards
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bob,
I am a bit dizzy, for the last 4 years I have been trying to erase Technics manner of operation and learn about Yamaha’s method of operation. I am now turned around again – at my age all this thinking may be good for me, I do not discourage easily.

A N D, you are right, “Loading from the Favorites menu is no different than loading from SD in any other way, such as the Load menu. The Favorites list of songs are just shortcuts to the SD memory location.”

I got off on a tangent with a bit of tunnel vision and I was off doing something, it almost made sense. Oh well.

John C.

PS, I have been using panel memory for my performance since the Kn5000. it is going to take a little work to change.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online