Reading the posts on the 'use of SD cards' made me realise how different theories apply to how one plays the instrument. - By 'ear' or by 'written music'. ? That is the question. ! Thus, my use of SD cards, is based solely on what I need as an 'ear' player. A method/system of usage which I doubt many 'music' readers would find to be useful to them. ?

Firstly - I set up in all 8 panel memories of any bank, - voice mixes-rhythms-tempos, to suit a particular need. Say - Playing a Quickstep for dancing. On my SD card, under any folder I now name the dance . In the adjacent 'song' folders I list 20 song titles, all of which can be played as a quickstep. The whole of this set-up is then saved to the card.

Resulting in:- A complete list of 20 song titles, which I can chose from when playing a Quickstep set. 8 of which I don't even need to press any buttons for. - At the same time, I've also got at my disposal 8 different voice mixes, which can be readily selected (in my case by hand rather than a footswitch), to coincide with the song and dance style.

All of which means - that because no written music comes into the equation, all the ear player needs on-screen is a list of song titles - dance types - and voice mixes. All at the touch of a button. In essence, this means that my SD card is storing an entire 'scenario'. Nothing else is needed. Not so, I would suggest, for those who play from the dots. !! Their scenario and their requirements are somewhat different. - But, it matters not. Long live all players, and the SD cards that keep us happy. - Colin Leaney.