Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#70087 - 06/26/10 06:21 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
John, you are not using the SD card as it was intended. Roger is right. The SD card is not only capable of what you are doing with the Yamaha, it is faster! If you open your mind and try to use the SD card as most of us do, you will wonder why you bothered with all those panel memory setups.

Bob, Please give me a "How" explanation I would appreciate that very much, John C.

#70088 - 06/26/10 07:15 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob Hendershot:
If you open your mind and try to use the SD card as most of us do, you will wonder why you bothered with all those panel memory setups.

Bob, I read your post left my computer. Then I walked the dog and then sat watching TV for 20 minutes. I never stopped thinking of what you wrote, maybe I am using the SD incorrectly or at least not as it was meant to be used. Ya got me going.

I would love to leave my registrations for my band/instruments type set ups and have the SD card do the rest. I want to play the song More so I set up the keyboard ready to play and save what on the SD card. You can see there is a wall in front of me, I can almost visualize how to set everything up and then I lose it. Both you and Roger are high on my respect list so I am waiting anxiously.

I find learning something new a blessing.
John C.

#70089 - 06/26/10 07:21 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
This subject has been discussed many times before. There are so many things that can be done it would be hard to cover everything on this forum. Maybe I’ll try to make the next Florida Jam.

(I had a paragraph here that talked about the speed of the SD card vs a USB stick. I have removed it because, based on the comment below, it may be interpreted as talking negative about Yamaha's use of USB. That was not the intent.)

You should try to picture the SD card as though it is internal memory in the keyboard, because the keyboard can access it almost as fast as internal memory. The neat thing is that we can change that memory in any way we want and it is almost instantly available. And, there are 1,980 places to put an entire keyboard setup including unique sound memory, composer memory, panel memories, etc. Because of this, most KN7000 users assign a SD card location for each song or medley. They could just as easily put “Big Band Slow” or “Country Line Dance” or whatever setups they wanted to call them in each of those locations. What they choose to put in the various memory locations is a matter of personal taste. It could include sequencer files with lyrics display or whatever they chose to use.

John, you are using the KN7000 custom and panel memories almost exactly the way we used to set up the old KN3000/5000 keyboards. The only difference is that you are able to load your panel and custom memories much faster with the SD card than we could with the old floppy disks. But, you continue to play the keyboard in the same old way . . .

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 06-26-2010).]

#70090 - 06/26/10 08:09 PM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Really... how much faster can an SD card be over a memory stick. I need a Yamaha style from a memory stick it loads as fast as internal styles. I need a sound, same thing it loads as fast as the built in sounds...registrations, songs etc all pretty darn fast, in fact almost load instantanously. SD Cards are faster than that? I would say in a race it would be a photo finish

To each his own, and if you're happy that's what it's all about...right?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#70091 - 06/27/10 02:21 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

Bob is reaching out to add to my knowledge of the SD card and the Kn7000, I am requesting that whatever is said is not challenged or another view be brought into these posts. It is only a request but I feel his knowledge is needed and in that we can all benefit, we may all learn.

If there is a new better way to use the SD card I am all for it and until I fully understand what Bob is sharing I would like to honor him and his opinion on “How to use a SD card in a more efficient manner”.

John C.

#70092 - 06/27/10 02:37 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used

Hi Roger, Good to see you've joined 'The KN7000 Club' - Looks like your trip north of the gap did influence you after all
You can indeed put midi, MP3 and .WAV files on the SD card. Personally, I can't see much point in storing .WAV files on an SD card since they take up so much room. The real plus that the SD card provides, is the replacement of the hard disc. I doubt if you can transfer CD music directly to the SD Card, but why would you want to? If you want to play along with a CD, with the sound coming through the KN7000, just connect the line outputs of the CD player to the line inputs of the KN7000.
Good to see you posting again Roger.

------------------
Willum

Thank you Willum, I performed a search and found more good information. I never gave a thought to recoring a Mp3 file or a wave file onto a SD card. Hmmmmm, more learning.I feel we are now using this forum for what it was designed to do; bring people together and learn about their keyboards.

John C.

#70093 - 06/27/10 04:21 AM Re: KN7000 for Sale - Hardly Used
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John
Everyone has their own method I guess, but I put each song in an SD location and within this, have 4 PM's set up for variations and change of instruments. I then put the chosen songs in Favorites for performance.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online