SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69966 - 02/18/10 03:09 AM Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
For The Panel....Question 345: All of the styles in MY custom button are not regular styles in the KN rhythm group.
1)Can I transfer any selected rhythm style to this section ,AND HOW is it achieved?
2)If so, where does the existing style go, and can it be retrieved?
Page 121 in the op. instructions tell me absolutely nought,
Recent posts have mentioned Custom and I believe have alluded to this manouvre with differing value, but I can see some merit, if it is possible. Most of the styles already there are "iffy" IMHO.
And/or is Favourites the way to go?
Plain non-IT language please, as I bruise easily.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69967 - 02/18/10 03:22 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Having re-read "Bernie's Styles", I think "technicsplayer" may have answered part of my queries, but don't let that stop anyone else. Keep delving Roger.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69968 - 02/18/10 03:48 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Ray
What is in the custom style button/area is/are some extra styles and can be exchanged for a few other sets of custom styles that can be found on the internet elsewhere.
Most folk want to make sure they don't lose one or more of their custom styles and so transfer it/them to the next button/area on the right called 'Memory load' and then save it/them to their SD Card. If this is what you want to do just nod your head and I'll explain how to do that.
There's not a lot of point in transfering any of the standard styles into the custom style area IMO.
Rog

#69969 - 02/18/10 04:00 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Roger,
You have said a lot in a few words. Why couldn't page 121 say that? I am nodding.
see Ya !!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69970 - 02/19/10 01:27 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks Roger, where can I find the other custom styles, please?
Your explanation moves me to attempt to do exactly that,(save to SD card)then ....moving on !!
I have stopped nodding for a while, and will let you kmow the results,(after we smash the West Indies tonight).
See ya !!!
Ray

#69971 - 02/19/10 02:54 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Don't nod so vigorously you're making the earth shake...
To move style files from Custom button to Memory load button first press Program Menus and then Composer. Then press Custom style copy. Make sure the arrow in the middle is sending stuff in the right direction. Select the custom style you want to copy and click OK.
The original remains where it is but a copy is now where the Memory load button is. Select Memory load button in order to use it.
Don't forget to save that when you are happy with it to your SD Card.

#69972 - 02/19/10 02:56 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

#69973 - 02/22/10 01:45 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks for your help Roger.
I have downloaded the Custom styles from your link, and saved on a floppy.
I have loaded and then saved to Memory,(3 at a time, and quite a long job), all which take my fancy.
UNFORTUNATELY..whilst initially experimenting with my computer skills, some fool accidentally nudged my elbow!!!!!!!! and I deleted the styles originally existing in Custom, and Brother Don only has some Asian/ Indonesian in his Custom, so I cannot retrieve them from him. My original selection included a couple of Ballroom,and Ragtime styles, and others I cannot remember, but not to worry, I have found others to satisfy my tastes.
Question 346 for The Oracles.....
On my KN5000 I had "applause" on MSP1 to introduce me, every time I ventured to the keyboard, and at appropriate times when I had performed well in my Music Room,without an audience, which stroked my ego immensely. Is it possible to install that effect in the KN7000 Performance Pads from another Kn5000,(It does not appear to be in the KN7000 storage)that i can find.
Your answers are at 100% so far. Well done !!

Audrey, I did not see your reply to a question regarding a style you mentioned a while ago in the KN7000 called Sunday..(something ). which you were quite keen on. Have you been able to locate it, and if so, where can we find it????
Is that question 347 ?
In anticipation
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69974 - 02/22/10 03:10 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Check your email Ray

OOOPS! Just realised - I don't have your email address! Send me an email Ray - my address is in my profile......

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 02-22-2010).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69975 - 02/22/10 04:35 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Bill,
On the way.
See ya !!
Ray

#69976 - 02/22/10 06:33 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks for the e-mail Bill.
Found the "applause" effect okay.
Problem with floppy though......all screen info shows "applause" in Pads 1, 2, and 3, but the only sound emanating therefrom is a single piano chord. Can you check your original, for validity.
Thanks again for your help.Incidentally, I know you have other fans down here, from Melbourne. They refer to you quite fondly.
see Ya !!
Ray

#69977 - 02/23/10 06:15 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Looks like something got corrupted on the way 'Down-Under'. I'll send it again Ray....

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#69978 - 02/23/10 03:58 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Ray,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, been very busy with 'gigs' lately, but slowing down now, so if you'd like to let me have your email address, I'll see what I can do.

Bye-the-way, I had a similar question about Custom styles put to me sometime ago and I still have a copy of my reply which I will send when I receive your address. Even if it isn't exactly the answer you're looking for, it may point you in the right direction.

Meanwhile, the quickest way to get back your original Custom Styles is to save everything to a card first, then initialise the keyboard which will put all the original styles, patterns, customs etc. back on to the keyboard just as it was when it left the factory. Of course, if you bought it second-hand, it may not be so easy as that, but I think it's worth trying as it could save you a lot of frustration.

Audrey

#69979 - 02/24/10 01:36 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

I stand to be corrected but I don't think initialising the keyboard will return/put back custom styles that have been displaced by other custom styles.

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 02-24-2010).]

#69980 - 02/24/10 03:28 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks Bill, second time today it worked.
I saved it, THEN extracted to disc, and all three pads applauded.
Thanks Audrey, but Roger is right, when I lost the original Custom Styles I failed to save to an sd card, and when I initialled, it showed the styles that had replaced the original, oh! dear! woe is me!
Hark!! is that the audience applauding, I must give an encore. No,it was only "The Gardener" scolding Charlie (the dog).
See Ya !
Ray

#69981 - 02/24/10 03:33 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Audrey, my e-mail address is back on my profile.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69982 - 02/24/10 03:57 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

No! your' right Roger, initialising will not put back your own styles, but as I said it will install all the 'original' styles that were on the keyboard when it left the Factory.

This is one area of the KN7 that is difficult to explain as there are so many things you can do. It really is a matter of choice, trial/error and lots of practise but having said that, I still do not always get it right the first time around - grrrrh! very frustrating I can tell you.

Any developments on another 'session' Roger or is it not possible?

Audrey

#69983 - 02/25/10 01:21 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

If someone else would set it up and run it, Audrey, then I'd be happy to attend as I am sure would Bill Norrie - but running it is a lot of hard stressful work!!!

#69984 - 02/26/10 01:53 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Point taken Roger.

It definitely needs someone motivated, energetic and organised.

Never mind! we still have this brilliant site where there is always something new to learn.

Audrey

#69985 - 02/26/10 06:09 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
I have read many SZ Posts in connection with the KN7000 styles gifted by Bernie. Thanks to him and to all forum members who have helped to direct members on how to get the styles onto SD cards.

My question is this: Is it possible to unzip those styles onto floppy disks? And if so, what is the best way to do that correctly. I am aware that they are very many files and may require very many floppys. That is OK. I'd like to know how they can be transferred, if it is possible, onto floppys correctly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Buddy

#69986 - 02/27/10 01:50 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Hi Buddy
It's easy to put them onto floppy disks after you have transferred them to an SD Card but not before because they are saved in a format which only transfers in one lump to an SD Card, if that's what you mean - but they'll only work in a KN7000 or the later models KN2400 and KN2600.

#69987 - 02/27/10 06:30 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Transfer to floppy can be done without using an SD Card
Unzip to a folder > navigate down through the folders to the TFLD folders > open a TFLD folder and copy all the files to a floppy disk............ Copy/Paste or Drag/Drop or Highlight/Rightclick/Send To Floppy etc.

As Aleksander (of Compare the Meerkat) would say - Simple! Click!

Aldous Huxley

#69988 - 02/27/10 06:59 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Sorry Bill - I thought they were in 'back-up' format (sdb)...and needed to be restored first.

#69989 - 02/27/10 07:23 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

....depends which format you download if you download Bernie's originals, then they are already in KN7000 format after unzipping. If you download the file from the online location http://www.4shared.com/file/205388070/943a2076/KN7000.html where I placed the .sdb file, then Yes! they would have to be extracted to an SD Card first.

I've already explained the process to 'Buddy' since he emailed me direct....

Aldous Huxley

#69990 - 02/27/10 02:26 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi Bill,

Having tried using both Bernie's and your own instructions on "how to" with these styles, and also using the KN SD Explorer tool. Each time, all the styles are showing on my SD Card and the PC, but when loaded to the KN7, I still get the message "File is empty" (or words to that effect) and the card does look empty.

From emails I've been receiving from other members on this Forum, I am not the only one to be having this trouble. Any ideas?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Audrey

#69991 - 02/27/10 04:09 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

I'm sorry Audrey, I cannot be more explicit than I have been in the procedures which I have already posted on the Forum.

Your statement "From emails I've been receiving from other members on this Forum, I am not the only one to be having this trouble" is balanced by many others who have successfully transferred the files to SD Cards, using one of the procedures.

The simplest way to carry out the transfer is to download the .SDB file from : http://www.4shared.com/file/205388070/943a2076/KN7000.html and use the Panasonic Song Manager program's Restore facility, to transfer the files to an SD Card.

Knowing from past remarks you have made on the Forum, I believe that you tend to use 1GB and 2GB Cards. I don't use 2GB cards at all but just wondered if there is a vague possibility that using one of these cards could be causing a problem. Remember, that the KN7000 is not capable of fully addressing SD Cards with a capacity greater than 1GB and treats 2GB cards as a 1GB card. Also, I assume that you are not trying to use SDHC cards?? i.e. SD Cards with a capacity greater than 2GB - because they just won't work on the KN7000. Even though you may be able to transfer the files to a 4GB card and see the files on your PC, the KN7000 will not recognise the card.

Just for confirmation, I have downloaded the .SDB file from the above mentioned website and restored the file to a Panasonic 2GB SD Card, using the procedure as posted. I checked the card in my KN7000 and it works perfectly

If you still can't do the transfer, send me an SD Card and I'll do it for you.

Aldous Huxley

#69992 - 02/28/10 01:55 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I do tend to use 1GB SD Cards as I 'bulk buy' because my camera uses them as well. I like to fill all the KN 99 Folders with 20 styles or medleys to each folder which, as you know, is the limit of the KN folders you can save, so using a higher capacity card would literally be a waste of space.

When my first download didn't work, I actually printed out your instructions as I thought I may have missed something. Anyway, we wont go into all that again, but you have mentioned using the KN's own programme manager, so before troubling you again, that is what I'll do.

Thanks again for all your help. It's a pity we aren't going to have another 'seminar' as it would be good to meet you all again.

Audrey

#69993 - 03/01/10 07:10 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hi Bill,

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I do tend to use 1GB SD Cards as I 'bulk buy' because my camera uses them as well. I like to fill all the KN 99 Folders with 20 styles or medleys to each folder which, as you know, is the limit of the KN folders you can save, so using a higher capacity card would literally be a waste of space.

When my first download didn't work, I actually printed out your instructions as I thought I may have missed something. Anyway, we wont go into all that again, but you have mentioned using the KN's own programme manager, so before troubling you again, that is what I'll do.

Thanks again for all your help. It's a pity we aren't going to have another 'seminar' as it would be good to meet you all again.

Audrey

As I had no luck transfering Bernies styles direct to an SD card, I painstakigly loaded them on to floppy dics. It took me days to do it and umpteen floppies but I've got them all now on a 1gb sd card.
Derek

#69994 - 03/01/10 03:44 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Audrey Turner Offline

Thanks for the tip Derek. I think Bill or Roger mentioned it could be done that way and as you say, it is a time consuming job, but if all else fails, I will do it your way.

Hope you and Rosemary are well.

Audrey

#69995 - 03/19/10 04:25 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Johnt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi all,
Just opened one of the folders from bernie's D/Load.
As it has been a long time since I touched my m/c, was wondering what are the .MSP and .ACT files for?

JohnT

#69996 - 03/19/10 05:46 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
Johnt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi,
Sussed it thanks to Willums Tech Tips.

JohnT

#69997 - 03/20/10 02:28 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Styles under you CUSTOM button are special non-standard styles...extras if you like which can be replaced by other CUSTOM styles - there are a few around on the internet.
There is no logical reason to move any standard styles into the CUSTOM styles area but if you really want to then...
1. Program menus
2. Composer
3. Pattern copy in the right direction
4. Custom style copy from memory to custom
Beware of getting the direction correct for each maneovre (not sure how to spell that word)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online