SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#69966 - 02/18/10 03:09 AM Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
For The Panel....Question 345: All of the styles in MY custom button are not regular styles in the KN rhythm group.
1)Can I transfer any selected rhythm style to this section ,AND HOW is it achieved?
2)If so, where does the existing style go, and can it be retrieved?
Page 121 in the op. instructions tell me absolutely nought,
Recent posts have mentioned Custom and I believe have alluded to this manouvre with differing value, but I can see some merit, if it is possible. Most of the styles already there are "iffy" IMHO.
And/or is Favourites the way to go?
Plain non-IT language please, as I bruise easily.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69967 - 02/18/10 03:22 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Having re-read "Bernie's Styles", I think "technicsplayer" may have answered part of my queries, but don't let that stop anyone else. Keep delving Roger.
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69968 - 02/18/10 03:48 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Ray
What is in the custom style button/area is/are some extra styles and can be exchanged for a few other sets of custom styles that can be found on the internet elsewhere.
Most folk want to make sure they don't lose one or more of their custom styles and so transfer it/them to the next button/area on the right called 'Memory load' and then save it/them to their SD Card. If this is what you want to do just nod your head and I'll explain how to do that.
There's not a lot of point in transfering any of the standard styles into the custom style area IMO.
Rog

#69969 - 02/18/10 04:00 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Roger,
You have said a lot in a few words. Why couldn't page 121 say that? I am nodding.
see Ya !!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69970 - 02/19/10 01:27 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks Roger, where can I find the other custom styles, please?
Your explanation moves me to attempt to do exactly that,(save to SD card)then ....moving on !!
I have stopped nodding for a while, and will let you kmow the results,(after we smash the West Indies tonight).
See ya !!!
Ray

#69971 - 02/19/10 02:54 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

Don't nod so vigorously you're making the earth shake...
To move style files from Custom button to Memory load button first press Program Menus and then Composer. Then press Custom style copy. Make sure the arrow in the middle is sending stuff in the right direction. Select the custom style you want to copy and click OK.
The original remains where it is but a copy is now where the Memory load button is. Select Memory load button in order to use it.
Don't forget to save that when you are happy with it to your SD Card.

#69972 - 02/19/10 02:56 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
RMepstead Offline

#69973 - 02/22/10 01:45 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Thanks for your help Roger.
I have downloaded the Custom styles from your link, and saved on a floppy.
I have loaded and then saved to Memory,(3 at a time, and quite a long job), all which take my fancy.
UNFORTUNATELY..whilst initially experimenting with my computer skills, some fool accidentally nudged my elbow!!!!!!!! and I deleted the styles originally existing in Custom, and Brother Don only has some Asian/ Indonesian in his Custom, so I cannot retrieve them from him. My original selection included a couple of Ballroom,and Ragtime styles, and others I cannot remember, but not to worry, I have found others to satisfy my tastes.
Question 346 for The Oracles.....
On my KN5000 I had "applause" on MSP1 to introduce me, every time I ventured to the keyboard, and at appropriate times when I had performed well in my Music Room,without an audience, which stroked my ego immensely. Is it possible to install that effect in the KN7000 Performance Pads from another Kn5000,(It does not appear to be in the KN7000 storage)that i can find.
Your answers are at 100% so far. Well done !!

Audrey, I did not see your reply to a question regarding a style you mentioned a while ago in the KN7000 called Sunday..(something ). which you were quite keen on. Have you been able to locate it, and if so, where can we find it????
Is that question 347 ?
In anticipation
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#69974 - 02/22/10 03:10 AM Re: Custom Style Copy
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Check your email Ray

OOOPS! Just realised - I don't have your email address! Send me an email Ray - my address is in my profile......

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 02-22-2010).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#69975 - 02/22/10 04:35 PM Re: Custom Style Copy
The Saint Offline

Hi Bill,
On the way.
See ya !!
Ray

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online